Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IMR 7625

cworks

Im sitting on 18 pounds of IMR SR 7625 that I used with my 38SC open pistol. I don’t compete anymore and with the way things are these days I’m looking for alternative powder uses. Currently I only reload 5.56, 9mm and 300 blackout. What cartridge should I adopt to use this powder?

It works very well in 9mm. Just not for 9 major as it requires almost a full case to get the needed velocity. 

If we lived closer I would offer to trade rifle powder for the 7625. This was one of my favorite powders then they quit making it. 

On 11/18/2020 at 4:11 AM, cworks said:

Im sitting on 18 pounds of IMR SR 7625 that I used with my 38SC open pistol. I don’t compete anymore and with the way things are these days I’m looking for alternative powder uses. Currently I only reload 5.56, 9mm and 300 blackout. What cartridge should I adopt to use this powder?

that's a cushy seat right now....you should be happy!!

• 4 months later...
On 11/18/2020 at 12:11 PM, Don_B said:

It works very well in 9mm. Just not for 9 major as it requires almost a full case to get the needed velocity. 

If we lived closer I would offer to trade rifle powder for the 7625. This was one of my favorite powders then they quit making it. 

On 11/18/2020 at 12:11 PM, Don_B said:

Where do you live ? (Mississippi here) I have some 7625 too

4 hours ago, Me2 said:

Where do you live ? (Mississippi here) I have some 7625 too

Yeah I live in New Mexico. If you plan to be out this way I will sure trade you!

Edited by Don_B

• 11 months later...