Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Vs. 1911 Match

bierman

TDSA will be hosting its 3rd Annual Glock vs. 1911 1000 rd. match on November 19th at the TDSA range in Ferris TX. For more info go to www.tdsa.net/. There is information on the web forum. Any questions, holler at me.

Edited by bierman

I checked the web site and the forum, dosn't really say anything about the match. Can you give more details. Also how many shooters do you normally have at this match.

Edited by Rmack

I have not shot in this match before so none of this is from personal experience. The match is 1000 rounds and will consist of approximately 20-25 stages. Mostly all steel targets. Scoring is raw time plus penalties for failing to engage a target (+3 secs). Once the match starts you are not allowed to clean, tune, lube or otherwise tinker with your blaster. If and when it malfunctions, the malf will be recorded and you can reshoot the stage. Once the match starts, guns cannot leave the range. There will be an overall match winner and based on malfunctions a gun will declared winner as well. The first year Glocks won, the second year 1911's. That is all of the info I have at this time. I have spoken with the MD and he will be updating his website with more match info soon. I will let everyone know.

I'm in. Hopefully Benny can get my old clunker Caspian steel gun rebarreled to 9mm in time for me to use it. No rules on caliber makes this match sound like a good place for it. Just the difference in the weight of a 1000 rounds of ammo will give me that needed edge! :P

I'm going to be in the area working that week. You had me until no open guns and race holsters. Not my cup of tea. The gun could probably handle it but the eyes couldn't.

If your interested in growing this match here's some food for thought. The Palmyra Sportsmen's Association in PA puts on what they call the PSA shootout. There are 150 pieces of steel set up on six stages. They shoot open auto, stock auto, open revolver and stock revolver. Autos are limited to 10 rounds in the mag. Five years ago this match was a two day deal. Now it takes 4 days and there are over 300 shooters. If you don't get your entries in within days of the announcement on the web page you will not shoot Sat. or Sun.

Sounds like a great match. Keep up the good work.

Kevin

I wish I could attend this match. I missed the 1st annual and the 2nd annual glock vs 1911 match when I was stationed there but I did get a chance to go up and take AP1 from Len and the crew. I will make it to this match one day.

Glock17w

• 2 weeks later...

Well - no luck on having the Caspian 9mm so I will be shooting my STI .40 6" Limited. Wish I had time to do 1K reloads for it but looks like WW White Box will have to do.. :P Lots of smak talk going on over at the TDSA website. The Glock guys seem pretty confident they will prevail! Soon we shall see. :huh:

Dammnnn! is a good way to describe the 3rd Annual Glock Vs 1911 1000 round match. If low round counts are one of your peeves you would have been in heaven today. We did about 800 rounds at steel in various arrays with the average round count per stage at 38 or 40 then a shoot house followed by some man on man falling plate stuff. I have a blood blister on my thumb from loading. And, for those who want to know, the Glocks had less malfunctions than the 1911 group. 2 Glocks had match ending trigger problems while only one 1911 (mine, broken mag release spring of all things) went down for the count. 3 Glocks made it through the match without a single malfunction while only one 1991 went the distance with no bobbles. All in all a hell of a marathon. Great bunch of guys with lots of good humored heckling going on at all times. I will be going back!

This match was awsome! The weather was great. The shooting was fast and fun.

I did have one failure to feed with my glock 17 and one extraction problem.

The last few stages I started having trouble with my trigger. It became harder to pull, (like it might be in a bind) this problem caused me not to shoot as fast and I was starting to miss a lot more targets due to overgripping my gun in order to pull the trigger.

This morning I tore my G-17 apart and could not find anything wrong with the trigger. I cleaned it real good and put it back together and the trigger is pulling great now. It must have gotten some gunk on it during the match. I was shooting Blazer ammo. I also shot 500 rounds last weekend and did not clean my gun before the match.

I could not have asked for a better group of guys to shoot with. I made some new friends

even though some of them do shoot a 1911.

Cant wait till next year!

Better luck next time 1911 shooters! :P:D:P

This match was awsome! The weather was great. The shooting was fast and fun.

I did have one failure to feed with my glock 17 and one extraction problem.

The last few stages I started having trouble with my trigger. It became harder to pull, (like it might be in a bind) this problem caused me not to shoot as fast and I was starting to miss a lot more targets due to overgripping my gun in order to pull the trigger.

This morning I tore my G-17 apart and could not find anything wrong with the trigger. I cleaned it real good and put it back together and the trigger is pulling great now. It must have gotten some gunk on it during the match. I was shooting Blazer ammo. I also shot 500 rounds last weekend and did not clean my gun before the match.

I could not have asked for a better group of guys to shoot with. I made some new friends

even though some of them do shoot a 1911.

Cant wait till next year!

Better luck next time 1911 shooters! :P:D:P

Rodney is one of those who kicked my ass! <_<:D:D:D

ADDED: WELCOME to the Forums, Rodney.. :D You will like it here!

Edited by Merlin Orr

I see that (trigger gets harder to pull) every so often with Glocks at the range. Usually, all that is needed is a drop of oil on the area where the trigger bar cams against the connector.

I always ask the shooter when the last time they oiled the gun was...I usually get a weird look and a "Glocks don't need cleaning" response. :)