Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO FTF ISSUES


mcmmotorsports
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. Hopefully you can help me with my issue. This TSO has a little over 1,000 rounds through it. Same with all five of my magazines. My last match, I had 7 FTF malfunctions. I thought it was an OAL issue, so I lengthened the rounds to 1.135 from 1.126. That didn’t help as it happened today at the range and I am able to recreate the issue, at home, by racking the slide with rounds in the magazine. Other than a mag catch issue, could the grams followers be an issue? 
Video:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I run grams guts in all my TSO mags (.40 & 9mm) and don't have the issue you have.   Couple of things I'd checkout before changing mags/followers.

 

1) Remove the magwell and grips and see if this changes anything.

2) With slide locked back, insert a loaded mag and see if the shell case is hitting the ejector, preventing the mag from full seating

3) Check mag release to see if there are any burrs or irregularities that would prevent the mag from seating correctly. 

4) If this is a newer TSO with the removable mag release paddle (like the S2) check to see if the paddle making contact with anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

what recoil spring are you using?  

did you mess with the extractor / extractor spring at all? 

 

CZ like SHORT or Sammy spec / factory rounds.  lengthening them will only make issues worse.  CZ cannot shoot lengths 2011s can, they are notorious for SHORT rounds only. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, IF788 said:

what recoil spring are you using?  

did you mess with the extractor / extractor spring at all? 

 

CZ like SHORT or Sammy spec / factory rounds.  lengthening them will only make issues worse.  CZ cannot shoot lengths 2011s can, they are notorious for SHORT rounds only. 

16lb Wolff recoil spring

Extractor and spring are stock, less than 1,500 rounds on them.

I had 7 FTF malfunctions at my last match, with sammi spec loads. 1.126. The video above is with 1.135.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, muncie21 said:

I run grams guts in all my TSO mags (.40 & 9mm) and don't have the issue you have.   Couple of things I'd checkout before changing mags/followers.

 

1) Remove the magwell and grips and see if this changes anything.

2) With slide locked back, insert a loaded mag and see if the shell case is hitting the ejector, preventing the mag from full seating

3) Check mag release to see if there are any burrs or irregularities that would prevent the mag from seating correctly. 

4) If this is a newer TSO with the removable mag release paddle (like the S2) check to see if the paddle making contact with anything

1: Going to try that this morning after coffee

3: I will check that too

4: 1st gen TSO

 

All 5 of my mags have grams guts. Tried last night putting stock spring, follower and base pad on one of my mags, still had the FTF issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

It’s almost like the mag isn't seated all the way.

Maybe your bumping the mag release 

just enough so the mag backs out slightly. 

Is it your first mag of the stage ?

or after a reload ?  

It is not magazine related. Pretty sure we have isolated it to a bullet profile issue
The PMC and Black load fine. The Blue is giving me fits.

IMG_8355.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mcmmotorsports said:

It is not magazine related. Pretty sure we have isolated it to a bullet profile issue
The PMC and Black load fine. The Blue is giving me fits.

 

Now that helps. 

 

If this is an issue with a single bullet profile (my previous assumption was this occurred with all ammo) it's going to be OAL or bullet geometry related, almost guaranteed, as case, mags and gun geometry are all pretty much constants.  Since there are lots of folks shooting blue bullets in TSO's my wager would be on the OAL.  I don't use blue, so can't provide any guidance there. My BBI loads are around 1.12-1.13. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, muncie21 said:

Now that helps. 

 

If this is an issue with a single bullet profile (my previous assumption was this occurred with all ammo) it's going to be OAL or bullet geometry related, almost guaranteed, as case, mags and gun geometry are all pretty much constants.  Since there are lots of folks shooting blue bullets in TSO's my wager would be on the OAL.  I don't use blue, so can't provide any guidance there. My BBI loads are around 1.12-1.13. 

I've had issues at 1.135 and 1.126. Not sure if I should try longer or shorter. Not sure I want to, lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have some 1.15 BBI rounds (for my 2011) that I was able to hand cycle through my TSO.  I didn't remove the barrel to see if the rounds would plunk correctly, but they did hand cycle with no problem.

 

Why not create a few dummy rounds of each length (shorter/longer) and see what works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 4:47 PM, mcmmotorsports said:

Hello everyone. Hopefully you can help me with my issue. This TSO has a little over 1,000 rounds through it. Same with all five of my magazines. My last match, I had 7 FTF malfunctions. I thought it was an OAL issue, so I lengthened the rounds to 1.135 from 1.126. That didn’t help as it happened today at the range and I am able to recreate the issue, at home, by racking the slide with rounds in the magazine. Other than a mag catch issue, could the grams followers be an issue? 
Video:

 

I'm having the same issue with my TSO 40.

Base-pads: Springer Precision

Springs and Followers: CZCustoms 10 coil

Rounds:  FP Plated OAL 1.129 and FP Coated OAL 1.126

 

I've loaded some dummy rounds at 1.135 and still having the issue on occasion.  I did purchase some CZCustoms basepads in an attempt to fix this issue, but I have yet to try them as I've been trying other things instead.  

 

By chance are you using springer precision base-pads? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, marco207p said:

I'm having the same issue with my TSO 40.

Base-pads: Springer Precision

Springs and Followers: CZCustoms 10 coil

Rounds:  FP Plated OAL 1.129 and FP Coated OAL 1.126

 

I've loaded some dummy rounds at 1.135 and still having the issue on occasion.  I did purchase some CZCustoms basepads in an attempt to fix this issue, but I have yet to try them as I've been trying other things instead.  

 

By chance are you using springer precision base-pads? 

Hello, your issue is the magazine feed lips. I have since sold the gun, but this video should help you:

 

 

 

Edited by mcmmotorsports
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2020 at 11:08 PM, marco207p said:

I'm having the same issue with my TSO 40.

Base-pads: Springer Precision

Springs and Followers: CZCustoms 10 coil

Rounds:  FP Plated OAL 1.129 and FP Coated OAL 1.126

 

I've loaded some dummy rounds at 1.135 and still having the issue on occasion.  I did purchase some CZCustoms basepads in an attempt to fix this issue, but I have yet to try them as I've been trying other things instead.  

 

By chance are you using springer precision base-pads? 

I had a couple FTF issues w the CZCustom 10 coil and the CZC base pad at the range. Didn’t want to mess with it so ordered a grams and use the stock spring w CZC base pads in 2 of my mags. So far no issues (knock on wood). Curious to hear what ends up fixing your FTF. Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2020 at 6:38 PM, mcmmotorsports said:

Oh no not factory, probably just happened from multiple dropping of the mags during matches. Once I tuned the magazines, it ran flawless again.

Ahhhh gotchya gotchya. That would make sense about the feed lips getting damaged

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...