Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P10 F Recoil Spring & Bullet Weight

tanfoglio1911

Can’t speak to specifics for the P10. People I complete with typically use 124/125 all the way to 160. I prefer 124/125. It is really personal preference. Regarding recoil spring weight a lot of it is again personal preference for the feel. That said, you have to match spring to load and powder. Too heavy and you will have ejection/extraction issues and may have feeding issues too. Also, heavier springs return the slide faster so there may be more muzzle dip. Also affecting pistol behavior during cycling is your grip, grip strength, how relaxed upper arms and shoulders are, and proper stance and weight distribution.

Too light and slide speed on recoil is increased, and return is may not be fast enough to feed new round into chamber.   You experience feeding issues.

Take suggestions for specifics but you have to tailor to you, your gun, bullet weight, powder, and skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GeneBray

I’ve been running the crap out of my P10F and I really like it and I’ve got some other pretty nice tricked out guns to compare it to. I load 130pf ammo 147, 160 and some 135 and it has run flawless with a Glock 17 11# flat wire spring with a few coils cut off. Made it the same length as the stock spring which is 15# I think. Put in the CGW steel gun rod and pretty happy. I think it runs flatter than my Glocks and x5 legion with all the tungsten upgrades.

wish there was better aftermarket support for it though, would like to see some tungsten guide rod options as wells as a steel or tungsten back strap and this pistol would really sing.

58 minutes ago, tanfoglio1911 said:

I ordered 11 and 12 # recoil spring to try with the steel guide rod. I really don't like the 15# spring that came with it. I tried the 147gr bullets but I might need to try different bullet weight to balance the play of this gun. 

You will like the 11, the 15 is way too heavy. I haven’t had a single malfunction with the 11.

• 6 months later...

I am running a comp on my 10F with a Holosun 509t and shooting 137 grain bullets at 130PF, the stock spring was too much I got the CGW 3 spring pack 16#, 14.5#, 13# and swapped it out to the 13# spring and it functioned ok but I felt it was perhaps battering the frame a bit.  Moved to the 14.5# spring and it was perfect, did not try the 16# spring....  

I would say get the CGW 3 spring pack and see what runs best.  It is only 18 bucks...

Edited by Kirkster

I think I may be using a 12# glock 17 flatwire and a shortened g35 steel guiderod.  I set it up as a 3gun open gun with comp and it shoots pretty flat with minor ammo.  I have a Theta trigger but may go back to stock as I think I get a lot of trigger slap.  I stuffed tungsten putty under the backstrap to add a little weight.