Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics plate for Sig Romeo 3 XL?

NCJammer

R3XL is a no-go on a Shadow 2 OR, the footprint is too big (too long at the front of the sight).

I don’t have a P10 so I’m not sure, but P10’s and S2OR’s use the same plates, so unless someone can chime in saying otherwise, pretty sure an R3XL would be a no-go on a P10 too.

There's not much room at the front of the optic cut on an OR (there's more at the back), but maybe enough.  Easier would be taking a little off the front of the scope.  There's not much there besides the locating pins and you can use the RTS divots further back for that.

• 3 months later...

I have a P10F OR, and was hoping I could make the Romeo 3 Max work, but you can't cut the slide any further forward because you would risk weakening the breachface, at least you couldn't cut enough for the Romeo 3 Max.  Cutting the sight you are definitely into the holes and risk weakening the front where the glass.  Not saying you couldn't, but I'm not spending $600 and screw any chance of warranty.  As far as I've found, you would have to get a non-OR and have it milled.  ☹️  

For those of you that say just get a different sight.  I haven't seen one that I thought was this good, the dot is super bright, the window is just the right size, the adjustments are pretty good, not RTS2 good, but definitely better than an SRO.  No distortion in the glass like the SRO.  It's always on.  If Sig would just make something that would fit, doesn't even fit any of their own guns.  Crazy.

Edited by skip62
make it more clear

22 hours ago, skip62 said:

I have a P10F OR, and was hoping I could make the Romeo 3 Max work, but you can't cut the slide any further forward because you would risk weakening the breachface, at least you couldn't cut enough for the Romeo 3 Max.  Cutting the sight you are definitely into the holes and risk weakening the front where the glass.  Not saying you couldn't, but I'm not spending $600 and screw any chance of warranty.  As far as I've found, you would have to get a non-OR and have it milled.  ☹️  

For those of you that say just get a different sight.  I haven't seen one that I thought was this good, the dot is super bright, the window is just the right size, the adjustments are pretty good, not RTS2 good, but definitely better than an SRO.  No distortion in the glass like the SRO.  It's always on.  If Sig would just make something that would fit, doesn't even fit any of their own guns.  Crazy.

Agreed and it is frustrating. That little bit out front is tough to work around on most guns.

On 9/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, NCJammer said:

Does anyone know if there is an optics plate available for the P10F or Shadow 2 OR for the Romeo 3XL?

One option is to grab an extra S2 slide as they do come up for sale here often. Last week I saw one for sale already cut for a Romeo3 Max/XL. I think it was for sale on Facebook. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/13/2020 at 1:47 PM, skip62 said:

Had a non OR milled for an XL.

Love it.

17 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

I do not want to have to remove the optic to change the battery

Not sure what you are referring to but you don't with the RTS2, FTP Alpha3, or Sig Romeo 3 Max/XL.

1 minute ago, Jeff O said:

Sorry thought you did on the FTP, but the price on it has come up so much it's not a bargain anymore.

There are coupons, etc. Even saving $150+ makes it a great value. That and the fact that they do not fail often like the Sig optics are known to. I have an XL on my open guns but prefer the FTP for mounted on a slide. 

16 hours ago, Posvar said:

There are coupons, etc. Even saving $150+ makes it a great value. That and the fact that they do not fail often like the Sig optics are known to. I have an XL on my open guns but prefer the FTP for mounted on a slide. 

Where is the best place to buy one?

7 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

Where is the best place to buy one?

The FTP? On their website (click on the USA one). He may offer a code for Enos members now and I am pretty sure he does. They are sold out until June I think. Well worth the wait!