Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bmw M3

driver8M3

my 1999 M3 has 152k miles on it, and i've never had a single problem with it. it's been a really great car, but it was time for something new. i thought about what to get for a couple of months, and last week i picked up a used 2002 M3...hopefully it will be as solid as the first one.

post-3524-1129680663_thumb.jpg

Congrats. Looks like you got the 19"s with Pilot Sports.

The M3 is fierce. I can keep up with one with my G in the corners (on the track, of course) but I get seriously walked on the straights.

I'm hoping the stars will be aligned in a few years and I'll be able to get the new one coming out.

Edited by al503

Congrats.  Looks like you got the 19"s with Pilot Sports.
yeah, i didn't especially want 19s, but with used cars you take what they have. new tires will probably eat up most of my shooting budget!

i'll bring it tomorrow basman. bring that bmw van and we'll have a showdown...

thanks guys...

Edited by driver8M3

Congrats.  Looks like you got the 19"s with Pilot Sports.
yeah, i didn't especially want 19s, but with used cars you take what they have. new tires will probably eat up most of my shooting budget!

Yup. I have 19"s also and just spent $740 on replacing my tires. The only bad thing is that I only replaced the rears. <_<:blink::wacko::huh:

I guess I know who's car we will be taking to all those Area matches next year. Seriously, congrats - that is an amazing car made even more so by the SMG transmission; how do you like the paddle shifters so far?

Very sweet car. Enjoy but don't lock yourself out or Nik will be all over you. :P

For those of you who missed it the first, second or 14th time, Stewart needs to have a BMW key surgically attached to his body......

Either that, or he needs to mail one off with every match application ---- so the match director can let him back in his car at the end of the day..... :lol::lol::lol:

.... B) but the cars manufactured in "Schwaben-land i.e. Zuffenhausen" are not equipped with speed-limiters :lol:

It's nice to see that the quality of German built cars is recognized overseas.

152K in miles for the M3 is almost 245K in kilometers. Awesome!

Edited by schmitz

Bunch for sale on Ebay.......what is so great about them? Thought about  the AWD 330 for the wife (mtns. snow here)....could the M3 cut it in the ice and snow up hills etc.??

The M3 could cut it only if you get dedicated snow tires for the winter IMHO. The only advantage an AWD car has against a front or rear driver is the ability to acclerate in slippery conditions. It won't stop or handle any better unless your four wheeling (which you wouldn't do in a 3 series anyway.)

What's so great about them? 0-60 in 4.8 seconds for the smg's from a silky smooth inline 6 cylinder engine producing more than 100 bhp/liter, naturally aspirated. Think sig 226 or glock 17 as the 330 v. a custom 1911 from one of the smiths on this board.

Edited by al503

...could the M3 cut it in the ice and snow up hills etc.??
with sport tires, my '99 couldnt make it out of my driveway (which is about a 1% grade) in a light dusting of snow...no kidding. things got slightly better with all season tires (i could make it out without dumping a bag of cat litter on the driveway).

.... B) but the cars manufactured in "Schwaben-land i.e. Zuffenhausen" are not equipped with speed-limiters :lol:

i had the speed limiter removed in the '99, and once had it up to 150mph...but was losing...to a 911...

Highly illegal speed in, both US and The Netherlands, but permitted in Germany. I'm glad that Autoroute 61, from Monchengladbach to Aachen is nearby, oh Joy.

I love the quality and speed of German built cars and I can understand your addiction to the M-series, they're great cars and I love to race against them, 'cause they're real and honest competitors!

@Peter K,

Fuer mich nur Porsche weil sie Luftgekueld sind. Der 'sound' hat mich im Griff seit meine juengsten Jahren. VW Kaefer und danach Porsche 912, jetzt 3.2 Carrera Coupe, frisiert (Chipped und CupRohr) und demnaechts 993 Bi-Turbo. (BTW, I need a sponsor for this....)

Translation for our American friends: I'm an Airhead :D

Edited by schmitz