Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sports Orange Angle 2 Thumbrest

mcmmotorsports

I bought one too for my Czechmate but did not like the angle so I just put it back in the bag. I just looked again and it looks like they were designed to be used with the non-slide lock pin. Nothing a little Dremel work would not fix if you wanted to use it with a slide lock/slide release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In competition you don’t need the slide release because you should not ever run it dry unless it is your last shot in a stage....but if you are like me, this is not the norm. Haha

2 minutes ago, usmc1977 said:

In competition you don’t need the slide release because you should not ever run it dry unless it is your last shot in a stage....but if you are like me, this is not the norm. Haha

Yup, for competition use only, lol

I bet you could get away with modifying the slide release to clear the *thumb rest [generic]*...since slide release/pins are consumable items that break regularly.

1 minute ago, usmc1977 said:

I bet you could get away with modifying the slide release to clear the *thumb rest [generic]*...since slide release/pins are consumable items that break regularly.

I might try and modify it tomorrow

58 minutes ago, mcmmotorsports said:

Hey, found two of these in my case, the one with the arrow. They LOOK like slide lock pins. This could work unless they are something else

1EB268F5-E7A6-4528-B1D8-FCD59280EE7A.jpeg

Yes, that will work. Those are the slide stop pins. The slide won’t lock back (you don’t need it in competition anyway) when using those pins. 

i use pins on my TSO and Czechmate.

11 minutes ago, George16 said:

Yes, that will work. Those are the slide stop pins. The slide won’t lock back (you don’t need it in competition anyway) when using those pins. 

Any idea why the slide wont go all the way back when using them?

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Any idea why the slide wont go all the way back when using them?

*edit*

Thumbrest is thinner than OEM one. Screws are too long

Edited by mcmmotorsports
Found solution

It won’t lock back because the pin doesn’t have the lug that’s present on the slide stop. It’s the shorter part of the stock slide stop. Without that lug, nothing is going to catch the nub on the follower inside the magazine.

9 minutes ago, George16 said:

It won’t lock back because the pin doesn’t have the lug that’s present on the slide stop. It’s the shorter part of the stock slide stop. Without that lug, nothing is going to catch the nub on the follower inside the magazine.

No, locking wasn’t the issue. The front screw was preventing the slide from going all the way back

23 minutes ago, mcmmotorsports said:

No, locking wasn’t the issue. The front screw was preventing the slide from going all the way back

Sorry, I misread your previous question. Anyway, you have to trim the screw by about 2-3mm so the slide won’t rub on the screw end.

2 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Have you shot it much with that thumb rest?  How do you like it?

To me, it seems big enough to find a comfortable position for your thumb. 

Just finished the install this morning. Shot about 80 rounds with it this morning too. I love it!
I have two matches this weekend, should love it even more, lol.

I bought version 3 and like it a lot. For future reference, anyone who gets any of the versions you will have to file down the screws so the slide is unobstructed.  The screws CZ USA sends are too long.