Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 v5 10moa experiences & opinions?

vgdvc

Hello. Has anyone had experiences or formed opinions about the RTS2 V5 with a 10 moa dot? Wondering how it compares in size, brightness and clarity/crispness to the 8 MOA model of the same generation. Also reliability. Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, 36873687 said:

I have one v5 10 moa for two months an love it.i also have 4 v4 8 moa both great but 10 moa is on another level

Thanks for the input. Could you describe a little how it's on another level? 10 moa not too big for precision when needed?

I dont use the rts2 optics because they have a s#!tty habit of breaking....but i did own a 10moa v5 and it was amazing. Nice, bright, clear and crisp. If you zero at about 15 yards it never puts the dot more than an inch away at 30 yards and most times since its just a giant blob you just cover the target and blast away

26 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I dont use the rts2 optics because they have a s#!tty habit of breaking....but i did own a 10moa v5 and it was amazing. Nice, bright, clear and crisp. If you zero at about 15 yards it never puts the dot more than an inch away at 30 yards and most times since its just a giant blob you just cover the target and blast away

Yeah I'm dealing with another optic that shall remain  nameless at this point until I give the vendor and manufacturer an opportunity to make good on it. This is the second time it has failed me so we'll see what happens. I picked up a used rts2 v4 6moa as a backup which will now be my primary until I decide on a better option. From my experiences with several shooters they all seem to have failures. If that is the case I guess I'd rather have one at a $350 price point rather than $600 price point and always have a backup

25 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

Yeah I'm dealing with another optic that shall remain  nameless at this point until I give the vendor and manufacturer an opportunity to make good on it. This is the second time it has failed me so we'll see what happens. I picked up a used rts2 v4 6moa as a backup which will now be my primary until I decide on a better option. From my experiences with several shooters they all seem to have failures. If that is the case I guess I'd rather have one at a $350 price point rather than $600 price point and always have a backup

In my opinion there's two choices for optics. A holosun 510c or one of the new sig Romero xls. Those are the best on the market and both have amazing warranties 

13 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

In my opinion there's two choices for optics. A holosun 510c or one of the new sig Romero xls. Those are the best on the market and both have amazing warranties 

I have a 510c. Tried it on the pcc. Didn't like the circle dot, wish the dot was bigger. The Maxx XL looks promising. I would hope it works for $600+....

I used the Holosun 510 and liked it. Only went to the sig XL to try a larger dot. Window size is a good compromise. Would like to try a 10moa but don’t want to go back to that small of a window as the rts2 has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, vgdvc said:

Thanks for the input. Could you describe a little how it's on another level? 10 moa not too big for precision when needed?

For me an older eyes it’s easier to pick up. An I have had v4 crap out an Cmore makes it right every time .they are great company 

I have two, like them both. I wanted 8 MOA, is what I was using with a Slideride, and was very happy. Had to go with the 10 MOA, 8 was not available, but am very pleased with the 10. I was a little unhappy with the 10 at first, the dot will distort at high brightness indoors, but outdoors it is very crisp. Also find that he sunlight does not wash out the dot like the Slideride. So far, they have been very good on battery life, both new the beginning of this year, and still a strong dot.

13 hours ago, tomjerry1 said:

I have two, like them both. I wanted 8 MOA, is what I was using with a Slideride, and was very happy. Had to go with the 10 MOA, 8 was not available, but am very pleased with the 10. I was a little unhappy with the 10 at first, the dot will distort at high brightness indoors, but outdoors it is very crisp. Also find that he sunlight does not wash out the dot like the Slideride. So far, they have been very good on battery life, both new the beginning of this year, and still a strong dot.

Thanks for the response. In your opinion does the dot on the 10 moa RTS2 truly seem bigger than the 8 moa on a slide ride? I was told slide ride moa appears bigger than the same MOA on the Rts2.

No, to me, the 10 MOA appears larger. The dot is also brighter, which help at the range. I have had the Slideride dot wash out in the sun, but have yet to have that happen on the RTS2-V5.

I'm very happy.

9 hours ago, tomjerry1 said:

No, to me, the 10 MOA appears larger. The dot is also brighter, which help at the range. I have had the Slideride dot wash out in the sun, but have yet to have that happen on the RTS2-V5.

I'm very happy.

Nice! Thanks.