Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

85 combat trigger

jaysrgu

can that trigger be used in a shadow 2? or what else would bring the trigger back not forward, tried the czc flat faced knowing it moved the trigger forward and it was way to much for my hand, i need to keep double action. id really like to see a picture showing the difference if anyone has one!

I run 85 Combat triggers in all my Shadows and Shadow 2s, it's a much nicer curve over the regular trigger. Dawne has a Cajun reach reduction trigger which is pretty much a 85C trigger with a setscrew to take out the slack in DA. One could easily get a normal trigger drilled and tapped to do the same

On 5/31/2020 at 3:28 AM, slavex said:

I run 85 Combat triggers in all my Shadows and Shadow 2s, it's a much nicer curve over the regular trigger. Dawne has a Cajun reach reduction trigger which is pretty much a 85C trigger with a setscrew to take out the slack in DA. One could easily get a normal trigger drilled and tapped to do the same

The disconnector is a big part of reducing the reach of the reach reduction kit, it’s not just a trigger with set screw.  

40 minutes ago, slavex said:

We already run 0.0mm discos, so I hadn't thought they were involved at all in the reduction. 

If you didn’t use the disconnector that came with the reach reduction kit, I encourage you to try it.  It will shorten the double action. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:36 PM, CharlieD said:

If you didn’t use the disconnector that came with the reach reduction kit, I encourage you to try it.  It will shorten the double action. 

The 0.0 disco is actually better than the disco that came with the RRK. I sold my RRK because I already had the 0.0 disco and drilled and tapped my modified trigger for a pre and over travel screw. Besides, with the RRK, the SA is moved too much to the rear and it doesn’t seem natural. 

The disco that comes with the RRK is designed as a drop in piece so it has a wider tolerance built into it. The 0.0 requires fitting to make it work properly in any given gun. As a result, you have the potential to get a far shorter reset with the 0.0 disco than with the disco that come with the RRK.

5 hours ago, Hooked said:

The disco that comes with the RRK is designed as a drop in piece so it has a wider tolerance built into it. The 0.0 requires fitting to make it work properly in any given gun. As a result, you have the potential to get a far shorter reset with the 0.0 disco than with the disco that come with the RRK.

It is my understanding that the RRK/0.0 discos do not change the SA reset distance. They change the at rest SA trigger position. The reset is a product of the sear or FPB lifter arms lower leg position and the Trigger Bar.

I use the 'old style'/original 85C in all my SP01 Shadows.  I did try one in a Shadow 2 and it fit in fine, but didn't make enough of a difference in trigger reach in single action like it did in SP01's.  the break is still very far back even with that trigger.  I guess I could also have tried the thick trigger that comes on etc CZ97, but I'd want toads the over travel screw, and I just didn't really bond with Shadow 2 altogether so I sold it.