Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Consider the package deal idea with other items too. Like a Safariland belt/ holster/mag pouch set up for Open/limited or IDPA. Also Wilson stuff, sell a package of safeies/beavertail/guiderod trigger kit as an upgrade package that someone could buy and take to his gunsmith without going around and buying them piecemeal. The package deal is great especially for someone new, who does not know yet what all he/she will need. Reloading especially.

BigDave,

You're right. If I had to stock all that stuff, especially with Dillon's whopping margin, not only would I have no place to eat or sleep, but I'd go broke as well. (It'll drop ship from Dillon.)

be

OK,

I was thinking about the package deal thing. With the discount I'm offering - there just isn't any room (margin) for an additional discount. As it stands, if you order over $500 (10% discount), after I subtract my merchant account charges, you are "making" the same amount as I am on the deal. Thanks to Kyle for pointing that out. So, I'm wondering - should I just offer my recommended first purchases (RFPs) as a "package deal" - and the discount incurred form the order total would be your discount? That seems like the only way to go. ?

be

BE,

When you offer the package deal...

-you get the guys what they need, whether they know it or not

-they buy it from you

-they buy it all at once, saves them on shipping and such

-they buy it all at once, saves you on handling the order

-makes the order, with the small margins, worth your time and effort.

-increases you clout with your supplier

All "discounts" aside, the main reason I ordered from BE.com was the honest, objective advice, service, and information (forum).  If BE and the Forum saves me from making a $500 mistake, I'd say that was my discount right there.  

Franky, I'm willing to pay what it takes to keep BE.com running because it simply is THE BEST SOURCE for quality shooting information.  Shooting is expensive, period.  Let's not try to chisel down prices and end up killing off something really good.  

My $.031459 worth...

Eric

I never considered that you would offer any additional discount other than the above $500 one. Why not just call them Reloading Packages? To me the benefit lies in the fact that what you need is in a package form, no guesswork, questions, filling out longer orders...

I would rather order from you than from Dillon and let you get the additional margin, even if you decided the %10 over $500 discount wasn't worth your time and effort. But to draw in new customers the discount sure helps.

mike

Brian,

I think the % discount when orders are over $x.xx makes the most sense, and in my opinion, is very generous.  Besides, whatever margin there is, I would rather it go to you.  Dillon is making "somthing" everytime one of their presses leaves the facility in Scottsdale.

• 9 years later...

[asking to buy stuff outside of classifieds removed by moderator]

WOW. 10 year old thread reply. A record here? Anyone else got a longer one? It's like uncovering a time capsule. :roflol:

Posted 16 October 2001 - 04:57 PM

Hey, I had a recommendation from a heavy site user, and large be.com purchaser - yea! - to sell some Dillon products on be.com. Before I look into it - any ideas? What products should I list?

thanks -

be

Good idea BE. You should look into that. :roflol:

Edited by shred
removed ask-to-buy