Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1100 in action

chgo:

Since it's been a LONG day for me.......if you don't mind..........bring me up to date on your die setup and why your process is so smooth! 

I can see the MBF powder funnel under the Dillon powder drop, but not sure what's being used in Stations #2 and #3.........  

THANKS!

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

chgo:

Since it's been a LONG day for me.......if you don't mind..........bring me up to date on your die setup and why your process is so smooth! 

I can see the MBF powder funnel under the Dillon powder drop, but not sure what's being used in Stations #2 and #3.........  

THANKS!

Looks like he’s just running a sizing die and the swage backer die. 

53 minutes ago, BigMoneyGrip said:

You could load 10X faster with some Megadeth or Slayer instead of that flute music. 

All kidding aside, that is SWEET!

Lol that’s what I was thinking what the hell is he listening to. But to each his own. Looking good 

Chgo Fire Fighter - That quarter circle thingie on the side of your loader that looks like a piece of foam insulation - does that help stabilize your case during the movement from one stage to the next helping prevent powder spillage and insuring good alignment at each station when the case stops?  If so is that something that is only needed when you are loading the case that contains a large amount of powder or does is also help prevent the case from sticking on the powder funnel (cannot tell if you have one of those on the other side of your press also)?  Thanks Mark

22 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Chgo Fire Fighter - That quarter circle thingie on the side of your loader that looks like a piece of foam insulation - does that help stabilize your case during the movement from one stage to the next helping prevent powder spillage and insuring good alignment at each station when the case stops?  If so is that something that is only needed when you are loading the case that contains a large amount of powder or does is also help prevent the case from sticking on the powder funnel (cannot tell if you have one of those on the other side of your press also)?  Thanks Mark

It’s a Arredondo spill stop. Basically like all the other ones just bigger and 1 piece. 

53 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

It’s a Arredondo spill stop. Basically like all the other ones just bigger and 1 piece. 

I run the spill stop on my RL1050 loading 3.8 gr of powder in 9mm.  It stabilizes the case so that the bullet drop from the Mr. Bullet Feeder remains on the case until the bullet seating die comes down.  One of the best things I've done to the press.  Your can find it here:  https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Arredondo-Shell-Stabilizer-P5451.aspx as well as other places.

Edited by mvmojo

2 hours ago, mvmojo said:

I run the spill stop on my RL1050 loading 3.8 gr of powder in 9mm.  It stabilizes the case so that the bullet drop from the Mr. Bullet Feeder remains on the case until the bullet seating die comes down.  One of the best things I've done to the press.  Your can find it here:  https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Arredondo-Shell-Stabilizer-P5451.aspx as well as other places.

They still don’t make one for 40 cal though. 

On 5/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Sorry for the late reply Mark, it's an Arredondo shell stabilizer, got it for the my old 1050 but works good on the RL too~  However, I upgraded the shell plate to FFB heavy duty shellplate and that sucker is solid!  

For those using the Arredondo shell stabilizer, I'm wondering if your experiencing any interference with the orange colored stabilizer material and the bottom of the Seating Die?  My Redding Pro Micrometer Seating Die adjusts down to touching the shell plate; and then backs off just a bit.  Like many other dies.........

But once I installed the Arredondo, the seating die is literally cutting into the orange material once the tool head is lowered completely during normal operation.

Am I doing something wrong?  I installed the Arredondo identical to the 1050 pics on Shooter's Connection item description.

🤔

2 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

For those using the Arredondo shell stabilizer, I'm wondering if your experiencing any interference with the orange colored stabilizer material and the bottom of the Seating Die?  My Redding Pro Micrometer Seating Die adjusts down to touching the shell plate; and then backs off just a bit.  Like many other dies.........

But once I installed the Arredondo, the seating die is literally cutting into the orange material once the tool head is lowered completely during normal operation.

Am I doing something wrong?  I installed the Arredondo identical to the 1050 pics on Shooter's Connection item description.

🤔

Trim it a lil ~ 

8 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

Trim it a lil ~ 

BTW:

Pausing your video above at 0:36, I see your Seating Die does not set up with the die bottom touching/close to the shell plate!

There's our difference!

👍

3 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

BTW:

Pausing your video above at 0:36, I see your Seating Die does not set up with the die bottom touching/close to the shell plate!

There's our difference!

👍

Ouch, yup! It's gone.. If I were you I'll contact Arredondo via email or a phone call~  See what they can do or recommend

2 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

Ouch, yup! It's gone.. If I were you I'll contact Arredondo via email or a phone call~  See what they can do or recommend

I sent this info to Shooter's Connection where I purchased the Arredondo.  I'm sure they'll let the manufacurer know.

👍

4 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

I sent this info to Shooter's Connection where I purchased the Arredondo.  I'm sure they'll let the manufacurer know.

👍

Contact Arredondo directly, they will take care of you not "shooters connection" the part is made by Arredondo! You need to adjust your dies too, there's no reason why you should be crushing the shell stabilizer 

Edited by chgofirefighter

55 minutes ago, chgofirefighter said:

Contact Arredondo directly, they will take care of you not "shooters connection" the part is made by Arredondo! You need to adjust your dies too, there's no reason why you should be crushing the shell stabilizer 

I understand the part is made by Arredondo;  the owner of Shooters Connection is kinda "local" and stands behind all his products.

Not planning on adjusting my dies from what Redding recommends.  This seating die has produced excellent results for many years!

From Reddings setup instructions:

Begin set-up by raising the ram of your

reloading press to its uppermost position.  Install the die in your reloading press by turning it clockwise until the bottom of the die body makes contact with the shellholder.  Then turn the threaded die body counterclockwise until the micrometer graduations are in front for easy reading.  Retain this adjustment by tightening the set screw on the lock ring.

Thanks for your feedback!

👍😁

10 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

I understand the part is made by Arredondo;  the owner of Shooters Connection is kinda "local" and stands behind all his products.

Not planning on adjusting my dies from what Redding recommends.  This seating die has produced excellent results for many years!

From Reddings setup instructions:

Thanks for your feedback!

👍😁

I know Redding recommends setting it until it touches the shell plate. But you can actually raise the die about 1/8” to clear the Arredondo and turn the seating micrometer clockwise to lower the seating cup inside it. This will make up for the increase of height you made to clear the Arredondo.

I have Redding seater and crimp die, and I don't have that issue that you're having, it clears the shell stabilizer nicely~  Redding can recommend what they wish, but at the end it's all user specific. My setup works for me perfectly, but that's just me~  I hope you get to resolve the issue~

It depends on the cartridge.

For 9mm if you get a light angled correctly and you stand a little farther to the left than on a 650 you can see well enough to verify when it gets to the bullet drop station.

Not as direct as on a 650 no doubt.

There are a number of threads on setting up a backup camera or an endoscope camera.

I think I've heard of using a mirror also.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:06 PM, codemonkey said:

How do you check the powder level on these?  The powder drop station seems to be on the opposite side.  Can you see into the case while loading?

Stand a little to left so you can see into case right after it comes out of powder station and before bullet feeder