Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-09 Optics Ready???

zhunter

They don’t make an optic ready version. Very few people run hammer fired polymer guns in USPSA from what I have seen. You could get it milled or use a dovetail adapter, but I don’t really see a compelling reason to go with the P09 vs the P10 or SP01. 

9 minutes ago, regor said:

They don’t make an optic ready version. Very few people run hammer fired polymer guns in USPSA from what I have seen. You could get it milled or use a dovetail adapter, but I don’t really see a compelling reason to go with the P09 vs the P10 or SP01. 

I am not looking to compete with it, I use a P320 Legion in CO, I am looking to put a dot on my carry gun which is a P-09

I see there is a P-10 OR, but why no P-09 as it is a much better competition platform?

If there is a P-09 Optics Ready can anyone point me in the right direction?
P09 is not a better competition as the DA/SA is very spongy due to the roller bearing system in the sear. The p10 is much better outta the box as it is the same trigger weight every time

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

P09 is not a better competition as the DA/SA is very spongy due to the roller bearing system in the sear. The p10 is much better outta the box as it is the same trigger weight every time

My P-09 doesn't have a spongy DA.  It has very little stacking and a very manageable 8 lb DA achieved by installing a yellow CGW mainspring (a 20 second job).  The DA can be made much lighter if you're willing to polish everything and lighten the mainspring to the point where only Federals work.  I chose not to do that and instead learned to manage a heavier trigger rapidly and accurately.

Its SA is mushy but that can be improved dramatically with a short reset kit and hammer from CGW.  Once you do that you have a superior trigger to anything a P-10 can muster even after modifications.

I moved from Production to Carry Optics and chose to move from the P-09 to the P-10 because the P-10 has (for me) a superior grip shape and came already setup to take a dot.  The trigger isn't as good as what's on my P-09 but it's good enough if you grip the pistol properly and don't ride the reset during recoil (which is dumb with any pistol).

The belief that only a single action or striker trigger is superior for competition is a logical fallacy put forth by those who don't know how to run a DA/SA trigger

Edited by SGT_Schultz

1 hour ago, eerw said:

PO9 design was before the popularity of OR guns. 
demand for the P09 is small. So demand of an OR version smaller. 

Stuart, do you guys mill the P-09 slide for a direct mounted optic?

Edited by zhunter

My P-09 doesn't have a spongy DA.  It has very little stacking and a very manageable 8 lb DA achieved by installing a yellow CGW mainspring (a 20 second job).  The DA can be made much lighter if you're willing to polish everything and lighten the mainspring to the point where only Federals work.  I chose not to do that and instead learned to manage a heavier trigger rapidly and accurately.

Its SA is mushy but that can be improved dramatically with a short reset kit and hammer from CGW.  Once you do that you have a superior trigger to anything a P-10 can muster even after modifications.

I moved from Production to Carry Optics and chose to move from the P-09 to the P-10 because the P-10 has (for me) a superior grip shape and came already setup to take a dot.  The trigger isn't as good as what's on my P-09 but it's good enough if you grip the pistol properly and don't ride the reset during recoil (which is dumb with any pistol).

The belief that only a single action or striker trigger is superior for competition is a logical fallacy put forth by those who don't know how to run a DA/SA trigger

You win the cookie for today lol. I run a shadow 2 in production.

With enhancements, your p09 is better to you. It's still trash out the box compared to the p10

Oh so you don't even own a P-09?

LOL
Have one. Still somewhat junk trigger even with all upgrades. Feels great in the hand but there's a reason your one of six people running it in the sport lol