Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chip McCormick extended base pads

G17fan

23 hours ago, G17fan said:

No luck at Dawson. 

On 5/16/2020 at 3:55 PM, Distant Thunder said:

I believe Dawson Precision makes base pads for the Chip McCormick 8 round Power Mags. You can check at dawsonprecision.com to see if they have what you need.

23 hours ago, G17fan said:

No luck at Dawson. 

Does anyone know if the Wilson Combat ones will work with CM?

15 hours ago, G17fan said:

No, I need them at .635 for my Dawson mag well 

What is your setup? I run those basepads on CMC Powermags in my Sig Max that has a Dawson ICE standard gap magwell and it works perfectly.

Edited by thormx538

17 minutes ago, thormx538 said:

What is your setup? I run those basepads on CMC Powermags in my Sig Max that has a Dawson ICE standard gap magwell and it works perfectly.

Hello, I have the ice mag well. With the base pad I showed above they stick past the mag well enough to be certain the mag seats! Do the Dawson’s do the same and stick below a little?

Thank you

B9237948-9BCB-46F5-8C67-91AA483346B2.jpeg

On 5/20/2020 at 1:28 PM, G17fan said:

Hello, I have the ice mag well. With the base pad I showed above they stick past the mag well enough to be certain the mag seats! Do the Dawson’s do the same and stick below a little?

Thank you

I forgot to check last night, but I think they are basically flush with the magwell when seated. I've never had an issue with seating mags though. I will confirm tonight.

I've always used the Dawson base-ads above with my Dawson maxwells - never had a seating issue and both Gap and No Gap work well as long as you pair them. The hardest part is selecting the right based pad for your mag tube. 

On 5/20/2020 at 10:28 AM, G17fan said:

Thank you

B9237948-9BCB-46F5-8C67-91AA483346B2.jpeg

the Dawsons are made to stick past their ICE mag well about as far as possible while still fitting the SS box,