Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal depriming tool

more of a precision rifle tang .some believe that depriming and seizing cause issues.

also some bench rest shooters dont size there cases at all.and load at the range.

I like it... but i have to wear gloves as my hands get numb and sore after decapping a bunch. I don’t do tons at a time though. For tons, I do it on my bench. I use for either precision or my black powder rounds. I like to deprime and wet tumble that dirty brass. 

I have a Harvey decapper, for the purpose of decapping while doing something else, like watching a movie.  I then wet tumble before all the sizing operations happen, so that I don't run a bunch of grit through my dies. You can shuck out a heck of a lot of primers in an hour, but yeah, it can be hard on hands doing a thousand and some odd reps with this " hand strength grip exerciser". 

I use it when I deprime before wet cleaning. Now with my Revolution set up for processing on an extra toolhead and the Lee APP mounted, I don't use it as much. But you can sit with a bucket of brass while watching TV and do a bunch of decapping while doing something else. Like DJRyan said, I use padded gloves also because it can be tough on the hand