Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New trigger,,,

texasdawg

I am stuck at home, so I decided to make a new trigger for my open gun. Not sure if it will work or be better, but I'm bored so here it is. I will install tomorrow and see if I can sneak over to the range to try out. Otherwise, dry fire it is,,,

Trigger4.jpg

Trigger5.jpg

Trigger6.jpg

That's a cool idea, that'll be interesting to see how it works for you. I wish I had a mill and lathe, I took a 2yr vo-tech class for precision machinery when I was in high school that was the best course I had ever taken. Maybe one day I'll be able to get one but with the cost of shooting its definitely not gonna be anytime soon lol.

Edited by sean_stw

It is a small bench lathe from harbor freight, originally made in china. It is not heavy enough to do much steel work, but cuts aluminum very well. It needs sharp tools to cut well and the ways need adjusted every so often. I have had it about 15 years and its still going,,,

18 minutes ago, texasdawg said:

It is a small bench lathe from harbor freight, originally made in china. It is not heavy enough to do much steel work, but cuts aluminum very well. It needs sharp tools to cut well and the ways need adjusted every so often. I have had it about 15 years and its still going,,,

👍

I bought a Proxon  pd 400 and left the old Emco 5  lathe too. 

Only just dry fired. The length of pull is a little long,  but doable. Im trying to get to the range between the self quarantine and travel bans. I have figured a way to get a shorter trigger reach and still be able to adjust the trigger overtravel.

I got a chance to shoot the new trigger today. I shot my Bul first which has a short trigger in it. It shot well and most were A's unless I tried to push the splits too fast.

Then I switched to the Gans with the trigger I made, which has a trigger length a 1/4" longer.  I was getting good double taps, but they were to the left side of the target unless I consciously tried center them up and over reach the trigger. The trigger performed no different for me and I couldn't tell while shooting that the trigger had a roller on it. 

Oh well, on to the next iteration of trigger perfection! hahaha