Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge Banner instructions needed

quiller

Hi all. I bought the full set of the Steel Challenge Banners (originally from steelshootbanners) last year here and they sat in storage as we moved. I just pulled them out of a box and would like to start using them but they never came with instructions. I searched here, watched a few video here and on steeshotbanners.com, all mention standing at 5' and 10' with the top of the round targets set at 5' off the ground. However, I have no idea what targets need to be set up at the 5' or 10' distances. Does anyone have the instructions that are mentioned in the videos? Can someone please attach a copy? Thanks in advance, Alan

3 hours ago, quiller said:
Hi all. I bought the full set of the Steel Challenge Banners (originally from steelshootbanners) last year here and they sat in storage as we moved. I just pulled them out of a box and would like to start using them but they never came with instructions. I searched here, watched a few video here and on steeshotbanners.com, all mention standing at 5' and 10' with the top of the round targets set at 5' off the ground. However, I have no idea what targets need to be set up at the 5' or 10' distances. Does anyone have the instructions that are mentioned in the videos? Can someone please attach a copy? Thanks in advance, Alan

PM me an email address and I'll forward you a copy.

I had this same issue.  Apparently they email you the instructions as an attachment.

All banners are to be shot at 10’, with the exception of Smoke & Hope, Speed Option, and Five to Go which are done at 5’

3 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

I had this same issue.  Apparently they email you the instructions as an attachment.

All banners are to be shot at 10’, with the exception of Smoke & Hope, Speed Option, and Five to Go which are done at 5’

Correct, Earl (above message) emailed me a set of instructions. Thanks, Alan

• 1 year later...

Would anyone have the size of the banners ?  Trying to figure out how much wall space is needed to be able to hang these.  I couldn't find a "Contact us" on the website.

Approximate height and width of the banners if anyone knows.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 3:44 PM, JWW said:

Would anyone have the size of the banners ?  Trying to figure out how much wall space is needed to be able to hang these.  I couldn't find a "Contact us" on the website.

Approximate height and width of the banners if anyone knows.

Thanks

SteelShootBanners@outlook.com 

Ken Verderame

@Nimitz 

• 4 weeks later...

From the instruction sheet.  These are the critical details for future vistors:

Steel Challenge Banners

These dry fire training aids are designed to be used at a distance of 10’ except for Five To Go, Smoke & Hope and Speed Option banners which are designed for use at 5’, all with the correct reduced target sizes and proper lateral spacing between targets. The 5’ training distance for these three banners was needed to keep them from becoming excessively large and costly. Included with your banners are 3 binder clips. Simple attach the clips along the top edge of the banner where you see a small red dot and then hang the clips on hooks located on your wall. Spacing for the clips has been designed so that you can hang banners for all stages except Outer Limits using just 3 hooks. See spacing chart at the end of these instructions for locations. Outer Limits requires you to set up shooting boxes 6’ apart and so those banners will not line up with the others. We like using the Scotch Command Removable Utility Hooks that you can purchase at places like Lowes, Home Depot or Wal-Mart but just about any hanging hook will work. Simply mount the hooks on the wall and whenever you want to dry fire you just hang the banner on the hooks using the binder clips and you’re ready to go.

Each banner has a small white mark along the bottom edge to indicate where the middle of the shooting box should be located for those stages where the stop plate is not centered in the stage. The banner height should be set so that the top of the circular plates is at 5’ for all stages. If you plan to dry fire in your garage you can locate the banner hooks on the garage door at a convenient height and then simply use your garage door opener to quickly and easily adjust the banner to the proper height.

For Showdown, there are two different banners, one for each of the two shooting boxes. Simply select the appropriate banner for either the right or left box to practice.

For Outer Limits, since there is movement involved, the two banners were designed to be used side-by-side. In this way you will see the appropriate view from the appropriate box when you move into position. Also, since you can only shoot plates 1 & 2 starting from the left (right hand shooter) box or plates 4 & 5 starting from the right (left hand shooter) box, those banners only have a partial view showing just those plates. The same goes for the view from the center box.

To dry fire this stage you’ll need to setup two 4’ shooting boxes 6’ apart. You then locate either the left or right shooting box banner on the wall centering the white mark on the banner with the shooting box and then position the center view banner white mark so it is lined up with the center of the other shooting box. See the diagram below for the layout details.

image.png.24fd01ad30b9d1af6a03d92199349c3f.png

Edited by lazytrbar