Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Joining the Club (TS .40)

Anschutz

On 1/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, aandabooks said:

Love all  3 of mine.  Great value guns that are now discontinued.  CZ Custom has the basepads you'll need to get to 20 rounds.

Will the spare slide stops be available?  I still have all of mine right now but I gather they are consumable wear items. What other spare parts should I gather up to keep on hand for the long term?

45 minutes ago, yellowfin said:

Will the spare slide stops be available?  I still have all of mine right now but I gather they are consumable wear items. What other spare parts should I gather up to keep on hand for the long term?

Since I have 3 of them with 1 being in open configuration I keep spares of everything on hand.  All the springs and at least an extra sear cage and hammer.  

Slide stops seem to break about 5000 rounds.  I put in a brand new one before bigger matches.  After that they go in for locals and practice.

Put 150 rounds through her today. Observations: This thing is wicked accurate and doubles at 5 and 7 yards were quick and accurate but tracking the black sight in an indoor range was darn near impossible. The mag release is well checkered much to the dismay of the meaty part of my support hand during recoil. Overall, I think with a fiber optic front sight and maybe a different mag release it will be good enough for now but I'll probably just add extended basepads, a magwell, and lok grips while I'm at it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Anschutz said:

Put 150 rounds through her today. Observations: This thing is wicked accurate and doubles at 5 and 7 yards were quick and accurate but tracking the black sight in an indoor range was darn near impossible. The mag release is well checkered much to the dismay of the meaty part of my support hand during recoil. Overall, I think with a fiber optic front sight and maybe a different mag release it will be good enough for now but I'll probably just add extended basepads, a magwell, and lok grips while I'm at it.

I have an extra CZC magwell and a set of grey/black thin LOK full checkered grips.  If your interested in a good price on them, PM me.  Can't help out with the basepads.

I've been shooting one for years, and I love it. You'll need to blend the CZC magwell. I recommend a 9 or 10 lb recoil spring, and leave the hammer spring alone, dont drop it down in weight. Adjust the trigger to get the take up and over travel you want. The giant czc safety is awesome, but you'll need to trim it to your liking. The factory safety does dig into my support hand a bit during dry fire, but I've never dropped a mag or noticed it during a match. You can get shortened or extended reach aluminum triggers from CZ. The CZC base pads are the only ones to get. You should be able to cram in 21 rounds from the get go. You might want to grind on the trigger guard to make it more comfortable for your strong hand middle finger.

If it fits your hands, then you have a pistol that's about as good as it gets. I really dont think I'd gain a thing by switching to the most expensive 2011.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've been shooting one for years, and I love it. You'll need to blend the CZC magwell. I recommend a 9 or 10 lb recoil spring, and leave the hammer spring alone, dont drop it down in weight. Adjust the trigger to get the take up and over travel you want. The giant czc safety is awesome, but you'll need to trim it to your liking. The factory safety does dig into my support hand a bit during dry fire, but I've never dropped a mag or noticed it during a match. You can get shortened or extended reach aluminum triggers from CZ. The CZC base pads are the only ones to get. You should be able to cram in 21 rounds from the get go. You might want to grind on the trigger guard to make it more comfortable for your strong hand middle finger.

If it fits your hands, then you have a pistol that's about as good as it gets. I really dont think I'd gain a thing by switching to the most expensive 2011.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks to aandabooks I have a magwell and thin grips coming. I will be blending it once I get it installed. I will also be ordering the fiber optic front sight and extended basepads from czc here shortly and probably ordering a few magazines per paycheck until I get up to 10 or so.

You won't need 10 magazines in Limited.  I have 5 and it's one more than I've ever needed even on 60 round stages.  I recommend spending that money on other things.  You might like having an adjustable rear sight, or fancy schmancy holster a whole lot more than mags you won't use.  
10 would be the final goal just to reduce time loading mags during training. I'll get up to 5 to start but won't be sacrificing usability on the gun to have more magazines.

I received the magwell and grips from aandabooks. Got them installed and what a difference. I'll be picking up a few Dremel items and taking my time blending the magwell to the frame, and polishing up the inside of the magwell. CZC was closed for SHOT so I'll be ordering extended basepads and fiber optic front sight this week.

Edited by Anschutz