Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Setup: S1050 or RL1100

On 12/22/2019 at 8:42 AM, ltdmstr said:

The 1100 is a better design than the Super, so I'd go with that.  Actually, an older RL1050 would be my first choice if you can find one.  As for add-ons, a bullet feeder and LED lighting are the top choices.  Also a quick release for the powder measure.  Case Pro or Rollsizer are probably not necessary if you have a custom gun/barrel.  As for autodrive, I have three 1050s and prefer to run them manually.  To me, it's not worth the time, trouble and expense to automate.  But some people like it.

If I could ask, what is this Quick Release you speak of in this post?  I am curious and have never ran across one when researching reloading equipment.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

If I could ask, what is this Quick Release you speak of in this post?  I am curious and have never ran across one when researching reloading equipment.

It’s this one:

gallery

Quick-Disconnect-for-Dillon-Precision-Reloading-Powder-Measure

it’s spring loaded and just pull the tab towards you to disengage and remove the powder measure without fiddling or removing the screws.

2 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Oh nice. No issue using it, as it holds it secure enough?

None at all. You can also buy the 3D- printed ones. Cheaper and works just as good. 

A friend has a 3D printer and printed me a couple of these for my 1100 and 550.