Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM Barrel Defect?

earlan357

I just received a KKM Gen5 Glock 34 barrel today and noticed this faint ring about 1/8" back from the muzzle.  It doesn't catch on a cotton swab, but I can feel it when I scrape at it with a plastic dental pick.  I haven't shot it yet and I'm waiting on a reply from KKM.  Anyone else notice anything like this?

IMG_4226.jpg

Here's the response I got back from KKM.  I'm going to go ahead and shoot it first with jacketed ammo to see if it remains, then my match coated ammo to see how it groups.  Worse case I can return it.

Earl - 

Showed the picture to the boss, he said it doesn't look of concern unless you can see it looking straight down the bore.
We will always be glad to send a return label to bring it in for a closer look if you like.
If it is found to be a problem and cannot be repaired we would of course replace it.
Feel free to shoot it to see if it is accurate and clean it after to see if the mark still exists, otherwise please advise and we will email over a return label to bring it back in to us.

Thank you,

If you can feel it with a dental pick, then it's going to peal whatever's on the outer surface of the bullet.  Obviously not a good thing.  It's probably from a fixture or something they used to hold the barrel during one or more machining operations.  I would definitely get a new one.