Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Tso owner

Lowsc3

Hello my now fellow cz folk. 

I purchased a Tso in 40 about  a month and a half ago. I haven't been able to get to much time with her as I'd like, I have been able to put roughly 200 rounds through her. Had a couple of questions however. 

1.) While putting some rounds down range I had several failures to eject (Winchester white box) gun would fire and slide would move no issues but the extractor either completely did not even extract leaving the shell in the barrel or it would stove pipe. This happened roughly 10-20 times mostly in the first 125 rounds and then no issues for the rest. I have some better ammo on order so hopefully it's just that or maybe it just needed some breaking in? 

2.) the mag well to frame fit is not good, at all. I feel like the mag well won't go all the way forward into the frame and it is not a very flush fit. Is this normal for these guns? Can CZ remedy this under warrenty? My sig 320x5 has a flush mag well and it's half the price. I'll tty and get some pics when I'm home because of the Pic size issue. 

That’s normal for the magwell. I got bored one day so I decided to blend it in using my dremel and different grit of sanding drum. I then finished it off with polishing compound.

DB406-F26-043-B-4745-BBF0-C44-F66558-F67

as for your first question, either use a more robust ammo or use a less powerful recoil spring and shoot the heck out of it. It’ll loosen up after a couple of hundred rounds.

Pretty standard ref the mag well.

I etched around the inside with the magwell on to give me an idea of what material need to come out. Then took the magwell off to grind it down with the dremel. Also finished the inside with some mag wheel polish and super fine sandpaper. I had to put the magwell on and off to see where material still needed to be removed. Just do it slow. Can’t put it back.

Running hand loads of PD 180 JHP and 4.5 grs. of Titegroup at 1.125”. Haven’t had a failure yet. Probably put 500-600 rounds through it and shot one one match. Only it had it about a month.

6a04a09ac29c7e4631e0efef0018bde3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not a warranty issue. CZ’s aren’t custom guns.

If it bothers you (would only be if you compete in a sport where speedy mag changes are important) than you’ll need to blend it yourself (or pay someone else to do it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill look into it a bit more, I'm gonna take it to a match first time this Sunday , kind of a bummer its not flush from factory. May end up sending it out, I'd be a bit nervous grinding it down and leaving the metal exposed. Since ill be running it in limited I'd just rather the mag funnel be as smooth as butter every little bit counts! I appreciate all the feed back! 

How do you guys post pics ? do you resize them first i can't get my phone to take a pic smaller then a couple MB's

Edited by Lowsc3