Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ recoil spring.

parntz

Hi, I just picked up a CZ tactical sport orange and a Accu Shadow 2.  Im shooting box range ammo through them.  Mostly Fiocchi and Magtech 115 gr and 124 gr.  I was wondering what would be a good pound recoil spring to use in each of these guns? The TSO comes with a 16 # which I feel is on the heavy side and the Accu shadow 2 comes with an 11# which I feel is a little light.    I was thinking a 13# for the tso and a 12# for the Accu shadow.  Im not shooting any competitions these are just for the range.  Just looking for them to be reliable and have no issues.  Any help appreciated.

Edited by parntz

1 hour ago, parntz said:

..... Any help appreciated.

After you fire, notice what the front sight does. 

Does it dive back down past the target after reciprocation and you have to adjust back up?  If so, there's too much spring.

Does the sight stay up too high & you have to adjust back down?  And, the spent brass is getting flung far?  If so, you need more spring.

Have someone video you from the side and watch the gun movement in slomo if you have trouble telling what the gun is doing.

Also, as mentioned above, brass landing about 6'-8' is an effective tell too and should put you at least close to where you want to be spring wise..

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 5:50 PM, parntz said:

Im not shooting any competitions these are just for the range.  Just looking for them to be reliable and have no issues.

If these are range guns, why not stick with the springs that came with the guns? 

The primary reason for changing springs (if the gun is otherwise functioning fine) is to provide quicker follow-up shots, by limiting the dip/flip from being over/under sprung.