Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glass

Larry White

Mounted it this morning and shot this afternoon. 1x4x22. A close to true 1x ( very little if any mag on 1x) with 111 ft. FOV on 1x(huge). No paralax, good clear glass. Adjustments that track and repeat. A good round 2min dot with hash marks at 3,6and 9 that lite up in the brightest texas sun. Dot is in the second plane so it dosent grow. I think I,m going to like this thing.------Larry

I saw one of these a while back and it was clear and the reticle was nice. I liked the fact that the reticle was lit every other click. I suspect there will be some of these turn up at the range, but the price I was quoted was higher than what I paid for my Accupoint.

Huck, retcle is very simple and uncluttered. Its just two horizontal lines, look to be about 1/4 in. long on either side of a 2 min dot and 1 vertical line below the dot. Reticle is etched onto the glass and is always visible, but I think it works better when lit. Switch has 7 power levels with a off position between each click so you can preselect a power level and be just one click from it.----Larry

I had a chance to look though Benny's scope that he had on his rifle at the Cavalry Arms 3-gun match. The glass was nice and clear. I have looked though many scopes and this was one of clears I have seen. I am planning on getting one from Benny. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Question on the K-dot reticle... I presume it's a second focal plane reticle, so it changes size relative to the target, right (I was looking at the Z-Plex, German #4, and K-dot reticle pictures over on www.swfa.com for this scope)? So is the dot ~2 MOA @ 1x, or at 4X? If it's 2MOA @ 1x, then it should be ~1/2MOA @ 4x, right?

Thanks,

Monte

Wow. 8 minutes @ 1X.... That's like pie plate sized @ 100yds! Second focal plane it is. Coming from the NRA Highpower (Any/Any, F-class) and tactical match end of things... that's about like aiming w/ iron sights!

Thanks,

Monte

Thanks to Benny, Larry and Ron for loan of equipment and pretty much everything else at the AR State 3-Gun.

The scope is very cool. I found an acorn at the Arkansas State 3-Gun Championship with one. Steel plates at 300 yards were no problem. The dot is nice and bright up close. It's good at both distances.

You'll love it. I will probably buy one when I get back from Korea.

Liota

Monte, yes there is a bit of twisting on the power ring if there are close and far targets in the same stage but it has a nice feel and easy adjustment. I've played with it some and think its very workable, plan to shoot the first match with it this weekend will know a lot more after the match. That big dot is really nice on the close stuff and the small one on 4 X is fine enough for precision work way out there.