Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People That Try To Make Victims Out Of Criminals

AustinMike

The talk radio station here was taking calls this morning regarding an incident where local police subdued a suspect with non-lethal methods, but the guy died later at a hospital. The guy was allegedly beating senseless his wife/girlfriend in the middle of a street. Apparently, a couple of cops were injured trying to restrain him. They used pepper spray to no avail and had to taze him down. For reasons yet to be disclosed by an autopsy, the suspect died later.

So, this morning people were calling in and saying that this was police brutality, that they must have acted in an excessive manner to cause the "gentleman" to die. Argh!!! Look, a gentleman does not beat a woman and put up a big enough fight to injure several men and require a tazer to settle down. Yet, you've got people stepping up to say, "oh, he was a good boy, never hurt anybody, blah, blah." Geez, I'm tired of hearing that crap! :angry:

Yet, you've got people stepping up to say, "oh, he was a good boy, never hurt anybody, blah, blah."  Geez, I'm tired of hearing that crap!  :angry:

Might have been perfectly true ----- right up until he started beating on his significant other and the cops.....

Hitting a cop is on the list of things that most likely will have negative consequences....

2nd that..

there's been 2 incidents in the area lately that drive me nuts..

One, a foreign speaking gentleman was chasing his brother (or brother in law) around his apartment with a knife (there's no dispute about this), he didn't respond to commands, and the police shot him.. the familly is blaming the police..

Another, a young male was driving, and the police attempted to stop him for a minor traffic viloation, he stomped on the gas in a residential area, ran a stop sign and t-boned a car. He was killed, the other driver was serioulsy hurt, the police had already abandoned the chase (too dangerous). He had no warrants out, no drugs/guns found in his car..

There's a little 'shrine' at the sight, and of course, the police are blamed.

I have nothing but respect for the officers in this 'blame the cops' society.

Make that a vehement 3rd...!

:angry::angry::angry: Don't EVEN get me started on the-perp-as-victim B.S.!!!! It happens HERE, TOO!! Oh, god, does it ever! These goofy "shrines" to wife-beaters, rapists, child-abusers, drug addicts and god-knows-what-all crap. It's illogical an demented. No "gentleman" ever does the above-listed stuff. Never. Many of these "victims" have police records as long as both arms. GAH!!!! :wacko::angry::wacko::angry:

No patience, no mercy. Not from THIS lady. :angry:

I live in Austin, w/ AustinMike. Been hearing this crap on talk radio all day long when the local programs have been on. Guy deserved what he got, near as I can tell.

Further.... they're bringing up the whole "tasers are used far too often, and they're too lethal" crap, too. I posit - would a pistol be more or less lethal??

Frankly, I think we should see this as a good thing - one less moron in the gene pool....

This is terribly unfortunate. :(

I'd like to see this posted at the state line.

Wyoming disclaimer: "Only people who are healthy enough to engage in strenuous physical activity, including, but not limited to, running, being beaten, physically restrained, incarcerated, and generally man-handled, should engage in criminal activity in our state. Our citizens are not universally well educated in respecting your personal rights as a criminal and you may actually be shot, stabbed, or beaten by one or more of them if you elect to engage in a criminal act upon our soil. Be advised: Engaging in criminal activity in Wyoming is dangerous and you may be killed."

Please enjoy your stay!

When I read this, Rodney King pops into my head. He was totally innocent except for the drugs and speeding and resisting arrest and fighting back at really big cops. Then a few months later, he gets arrested again.

I was told that after that incident, it was the first time in LA county history that the jails weren't overbooked except when it first opened.

heard another on the way home...

A man that was shot outside a Starbucks, assaulting officers with a chair.

The familly is suing the police and Starbucks for $10M. Starbucks because they called the police which led to his death. Can you say 'deep' pockets?

heard another on the way home...

A man that was shot outside a Starbucks, assaulting officers with a chair. 

The familly is suing the police and Starbucks for $10M.  Starbucks because they called the police which led to his death.  Can you say 'deep' pockets?

How typical of today's society. Also, how pathetic and how far we have fallen with this mamsy, pamsy crap!

The whole "less than lethal" weapon thing ticks me off... If the bad guys KNOW you have so many steps to go thru before you can off his butt, he'll be less likely to cooperate...

What it SHOULD be:

Less lethal = Saying Yes Sir to the policeman with the pistol...

Assault a police officer = early admittance to the afterlife.

Run from a cop and get caught = getting the living crap kicked out of you.