Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade 650 Casefeeder or not

My 650 CF motor is getting old and runs very slow. I’m thinking of a few different options. I can still get original two speed motor for I think $65ish. I can get variable speed upgrade for $130. Or I can just get the new version of entire CF. 

I don’t need 8RPM AS is the max for the new version motor but I guess once it gets old I can keep adjusting speed if it slows down?

Anybody with the new CF see any real improvements over the older model? Other than the motor I get the occasional case stuck where it’s supposed to drop. That may be related to accumulated lube though.

Anyway, thoughts?

I really like the $130 upgrade. Did one then I did second a bit later. Much faster so they keep up better with my Revolution and 1050/MK7.

Bit louder motor though. 

upgraded one has the adjustable gate. Would have been nice I suppose. When I pick up an 1100, we will see if it’s worth it.

If you're not using it on a rollsizer or an automated high speed press I would throw the $65 at it and move on. Give it a decent bath when you're putting it back together and you'll be as good as new.I bought mine when they were selling the new ones. Its plenty fast.

13 minutes ago, m700 said:

If you're not using it on a rollsizer or an automated high speed press I would throw the $65 at it and move on. Give it a decent bath when you're putting it back together and you'll be as good as new.I bought mine when they were selling the new ones. Its plenty fast.

Yeah I only ran mine on low speed for years. Now I have to run it on high just to keep up with manual loading