Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta

Kevin Kline

Hey,

Im looking into getting some of the Precision Delta 147gr bullets in 9mm. I have been using 147gr Zero's, and wanted to know if anyone has switched from Zero's 147gr jacketed to Precision Delta's 147gr jacketed. Basically Im looking to see if it changed anyone's zero on their guns switching from Zero's to Precision Delta's, both in 147 gr jacketed?

For that matter, has anyone switched to Precision Delta's from Zero's of any caliber?

Thanks,

i switched from montana gold to precision delta bullets in my 40.

Excellent product...takes just a tenth more powder to get same velocity as the gold.

some of our local open shooters are using them in their supers with good results.

Hey Guys I just bought 2000 of what I thought were 180gr 40s. I loaded up a few hundred and ran them over the chrono. Everything was great 170.2 pf. I get all my stuff together to shoot Area 5, match is going pretty good until we go to the chrono. three rounds 953, 947, 943. I am thinking great no problems, then the guy at the chrono says bullet weight 165.5 :o . WTF I tell the guy no way I shoot only 180gr and can you please pull another bullet the result was 165.2gr. I throw my hands in the air and get scored minor :angry: I get home and check the box in which the bullets were shipped and stamped on the top was 180gr 40cal. I then take a hand full and start putting each one on the scale: 179.8 165.3 179.9 180.1

THE Q. C. DEPARTMENT AT PRECISION DELTA HAS A BIG PROBLEM. The unopened box of 1000 that I never opened was the same thing. I have been told that precision does not make a 165gr round nose flat point at this time. I have to disagree. I will just have to mark it as, when changing bullet makers check the bullets closely and weigh them :blink:

Chris C. aka: Minor boy

i bought 4k bullets from him at area 4, all mine were 40, 180s

i did not have to change zero.

the .40 165 and the 40 180 look alot different, which brings me to ask, how focused are you while reloading?

the progressive press is great, but there should be more to reloading than "put bullet on case, pull handle"

it does really suck that that happened though...but i have gotten some mixed up bullets from hornady about 50/50 of the bullets were encapsulated full metal jackets, the rest were standard FMJs.

Like all of the products that we choose to endorse... We were very careful when we looked at Precision Delta. What we found was a company that works very hard to build what the demanding shooter needs in order to be successful. No other company has the reputation for maintaining the highest standards of accuracy that is required in Bullseye and PPC.

When I heard about the Area 5 incident I randomly weighed bullets from each container of the over 20K bullets I have on hand. What I found was a very consistant weight and all over the designated 180gr.

While I thought it was common practice to weigh a few bullets from each new box before declaring them suitable "match ammo" fodder.... I guess that there are alot of shooters who just go by the marked weight.

After Glockman24 talked with Precision Delta about the problem, they started to investigate the cause. Knowing this had never happened before, and believing that the standard practice was sufficient, they are now implementing additional steps to make certain this mix up of bullets does not happen again.

Without hesitation I will continue using Precision Delta, better component parts, attention to detail in the production process and outstanding customer sevice. One error in packaging won't change that, but it has already changed the packaging procss to keep this from happening again.

All in all it's a bullet that is much more accurate than we really require in IPSC styles of shooting, but when that accuracy is so affordable it only makes good sense to go with the better product. Even if it did mean weighing bullets with a little more frequency.

Joe Tranum and Precision Delta are going to be at the Mississippi Classic next weekend but then Dave Long and Precision Bullets are going to be there too. Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Is it just me or are there way too many companies named "Precision" these days. Maybe we could talk some of them into switching to something a little less overused. Maybe "Shooter's Bullets" or "Dawson Tactical"? :D

I bought 2000 of the 180gr Precision Delta bullets at Area 4 to try them out. First thing I did was weigh 100 of them to check the consistency. All 100 were 180gr or better, and not a single one in my sample was heavier than 180.6.... Pretty consistent if you ask me.

I just finished (today in fact) off the first 1K in practice today (yeah, I know I should practice more, but I've been working too much), and all I can say is that PD will get my next order too...

I'm sorry that you had a problem glock24man, but it appears that your experience is not the norm, and PD has taken steps to make sure it doesn't happen again anyway.

I know I am the "weirdo" of the bunch, but for comp ammo, I always weigh ALL my bullets before loading them to make sure they are all within a couple of grain s of each other... Of course, I also make sure all the cases are sma eheadstamp and same lenght as well... (now using only new cases, sized, and trimmed to equal length).

Anyway...

Kevin - I' ve used BOTH MG and PD... I liked both. MG has a TMJ, which all things equal, I USED to prefer over an open base FMJ...

HOWEVER, I definitely prefer the new profile on the Precision Delta 180gr. FMJ. It feeds better, and works better with my custom barrel specs. And after 1000 rounds downrange, I can't see any difference in leading/fouling/dirt when using the open base bullets...

Actually, I had a few keyhole on me in my last batch of MG bullets... Nothing but nice round holes with the PD bullets...

Anyway... you can feel comfortable in buying PD... And they have a great price... I like the shipping built in deal... Wish everyone did it that way.

I bought 2000 of the 180gr Precision Delta bullets at Area 4 to try them out.  First thing I did was weigh 100 of them to check the consistency.  All 100 were 180gr or better, and not a single one in my sample was heavier than 180.6....  Pretty  consistent if you ask me.

I just finished (today in fact) off the first 1K in practice today (yeah, I know I should practice more, but I've been working too much), and all I can say is that PD will get my next order too...

I'm sorry that you had a problem glock24man, but it appears that your experience is not the norm, and PD has taken steps to make sure it doesn't happen again  anyway. 

I know I am the "weirdo" of the bunch, but for comp ammo, I always weigh ALL my bullets before loading them to make sure they are all within a couple of grain s of each other...  Of course, I also make sure all the cases are sma eheadstamp and same lenght as well... (now using only new cases, sized, and trimmed to equal length).

Thanks Clay, did it change your zero at all?

Anyway...

Kevin - I' ve used BOTH MG and PD...  I liked both.  MG has a TMJ, which all things equal, I USED to prefer over an open base FMJ...

HOWEVER, I definitely prefer the new profile on the Precision Delta 180gr. FMJ.  It feeds better, and works better with my custom barrel specs.  And after 1000 rounds downrange, I can't see any difference in leading/fouling/dirt when using the open base  bullets...

Actually, I had a few keyhole on me in my last batch of MG bullets...  Nothing but nice round holes with the PD bullets...

Anyway...  you can feel comfortable in buying PD...  And they have a great price... I like the shipping built in deal... Wish everyone did it that way.

Hey Guys I talked to Joe at PD, and he was very eager to take care of this problem. He continued to ask me "what he could do to make this right". I do feel I should have caught the mix on my end. You guys, I did LOOK AT VERY CLOSLY, MEASURE and WEIGH approx. 10 to 12 bullets before I started loading with these new bullets. I guess I will be a bit more careful. Still after going minor at a Area match and having people think you don't know what the hell your doing at the reloading bench, I will continue to use Precision Delta Bullets. I did not ask Joe for anything other than to make it right for everyone else that buys or will buy PD bullets. Thank you and I will talk to Bulm540 and let him know face to face.(he's one of my shooting buddies)

Thanks everyone Chris :)