Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cold weather paching tape

barry

1 hour ago, barry said:

Been match director 30 years

Last few years noticed tape is near useless in cold weather. Something has changed with the tape I've always used. Any suggestions ?? We always shoot thru winter in temps down to zerro.

You must have had quite a stash because I have been taping targets for 10 years and they never stick when it’s cold.😊

I made the change to pasters for that reason about 2 years ago, and it would be very hard to get me to switch back now. 

they have the added benefit of the matches running just a little faster, also our matches average about 90 shooters and we used to need to change all the targets at least once per match, now with pasters most reasonably open targets last the whole match, so while the pasters cost more you save some on targets.

Thanks Mike

Cost not the issue .tried pasters from shooters connection last year on a recommendation and they were slightly better. Shot at a club last weekend and pasters they were useing were falling off after first shooter at 30 degrees. Very frustrating. Looking for the best brand of tape or paster for cold weather 

Barry 

7 hours ago, barry said:

Thanks Mike

Cost not the issue .tried pasters from shooters connection last year on a recommendation and they were slightly better. Shot at a club last weekend and pasters they were useing were falling off after first shooter at 30 degrees. Very frustrating. Looking for the best brand of tape or paster for cold weather 

Barry 

were using shooters connection as well, we don't normally get much below 30 for match temps, rain is our problem 

Interested to see whats out there

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Might be tricky to get in the US and probably very expensive to ship but we use targets and pasters from Norway (Nordic Targets), specifically designed to work in wet weather but the pasters also work way better than normal ones in cold weather.

Haven't noticed the Pro Shot/Shooters Connection ones not sticking in cold weather. They do work much better than tape in wet!

Edited by open17