Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shadow 2 trigger

jaysrgu

Any CZ series trigger can be installed, I assume you want to preserve the DA function so that limits you to all the different DA/SA triggers. Personally I use a old style SP-01 Shadow trigger in the Shadow 2 that moves the trigger face a couple of mm closer.

The old 85C trigger moves the trigger shoe closest unless you want to install the RRK kit. The RRK kit moves the trigger shoe about 5mm to the rear according to CGW website. It’s consists of an 85C trigger drilled and tapped for pretravel and overtravel screws plus a short reset disconnector. 

There’s a picture in a thread in the CZ forum showing the different curve angles of various CZ triggers.

5 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

So which trigger would increase the reach the most? I'd love to do that on my pistol. Big hands, long fingers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In both DA and SA?  I think maybe the the 'thick' trigger that normally comes stock on the CZ 97.  One of the reasons why I like the Original 85C trigger is that it moves the trigger reach a bit forward in SA, and isn't as curved as the stock or recurved triggers.  Also prefer the thicker triggers on my DA/SA Sigs, same reason.  I don't like having the SA break way far back against the rear wall of the trigger guard.  Also nice having an adjustment screw that limits overtravel.

I agree with MoRivera, the Black Recurve trigger should give you the shortest reach and the CZ97 factory trigger should give you the longest reach. Mind you we are not talking about allot either way. The Old style 85 Combat trigger should be close to the factory CZ97 trigger and it comes drilled and tapped for an over travel set scerw.