Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best choice for CO?

racer-x

From everything i'm hearing the SRO seems to be the ticket.  From other forums / podcasts i'm hearing people in the 10 plus thousand round range that haven't experienced any issues yet.  

Seems like all of the MRD makes have had problems with longevity.

The thing that keeps bringing me back to the RTS2 is C-More's awesome customer service.

The RTS2 battery life is not that great, but I like the RTS2's controls, dot and window size & shape.

Price point of RTS2 is a lot less than the latest entries like SRO & SIG ROMEO 3's.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:10 PM, igofast85 said:

What kind of round counts did you get from each?

My first DPP held for about a year and a half, probably 15-20K. Then it started acting up, sent it in, found a refurb DPP for a great price on Natchez, and ever since seems like they never went more that 5K before I had to send it back in.  I think every time it was due to the center contact slipping because of the cheap azz way they secure it with tape - I would expect better from a company like Leupold. One is an AE and the other an AD, IIRC. 

23 minutes ago, GregJ said:

My first DPP held for about a year and a half, probably 15-20K.

Well, I did not even get that many rounds. I am at about 7K, and the DPP (AE) failed right in the middle of one of the biggest stages at the CO Nationals. Nearly zeroed the stage. Had to press the button on after every shot, so between that full stage and a partial loss at the stage before, I really placed low. (Not that I did not have another issue.)

The reason I am so incensed with Leupold is this failure is a known problem. To lose the dot at an event that costs about 2K to attend is totally unacceptable. One of my fellow CO shooters walked up, opened the dot and let see exactly what the failure was, and how cheaply it was made. That Leupold knew about it, and failed to notify users of this issue should let potential buyers make informed decisions. Almost 6 days later I still have not heard back from the company.