Backup open gun- Yes or No?

Benji

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+100 I lent my backup Open gun to a well known US lady shooter at the 2012 Australasians.  Due to airline snafus, her guns didn't make it to New Zealand.   It would be a total d-bag move to say "no, I'm keeping this one just in case I need it later".

On 11/15/2019 at 5:23 PM, BoyGlock said:

Bit out of topic. In a major international match say a WS, a guy in your squad needed a spare gun coz his become inoperable and he has none. Would you lend your BU gun?

Props to you for starting this. It’s nice and refreshing to see shooters comment in such a positive way on this. At a match this year my Aftec broke and I must have had three to four back up gun offers from my squad alone. 

• 1 month later...

How seriously do you take the sport?
For me I take it very seriously. With that being said. What if you have equipment issues and now have to use someone else’s back up gun? That’s different than yours?
Not a Massive deal. But I’d rather have a gun set up exactly the same as my primary.
Plus if one of my buddies has an issue they can borrow my back up. But if I’m gonna commit time and money to a huge major match I don’t want my performance to suffer from equipment malfunctions. Or the mental effects equipment problems Have one you performance.
So same dot. Same trigger. Same every damn thing on my Primary and back up. 100% yes. Goes for any potential classes you might take as well with an instructor. You don’t want to spend money or time to go out there and then waste it because your extractor finally failed or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk