Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guga Ribas Ball Joint Holster Problem

KindredGhost

Greetings Gang!

I have a Guga Ribas holster for my 2011.  The problem with it is that even with the bolts properly tightened, the holster still moves around the ball joint.  I've emailed their customer support but haven't heard anything (times like this make me wish I spoke Portuguese.)   How can I fix this?

1.jpg

Edited by KindredGhost

23 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

easy fix would be to take the loose side off and file the flat area where the 2 halves come together down a little so you can tighten it a little more 

I agree with this. I looked at mine and I have a small gap on each side and it's rock solid.  Just sand off some material on each half. 

29 minutes ago, mayassa said:

I agree with this. I looked at mine and I have a small gap on each side and it's rock solid.  Just sand off some material on each half. 

That’s what I did to mine and put a layer of black electrical tape where it clamps on to the ball.

1 hour ago, mayassa said:

What grit sandpapers do you recommend I start with?  I also have a file... I'm not sure if that'd work. 

Thanks,

KG

15 hours ago, McGunner said:

Actually both sides have the same nut cutouts. 

Really?  one side should be flat with the cutout being round for the hex head to set into and the other side should have cutouts for the nut to set into.

2 hours ago, bigboy69 said:

Really?  one side should be flat with the cutout being round for the hex head to set into and the other side should have cutouts for the nut to set into.

Thats what I had thought till I took mine out and looked at it. Weird.