Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SRO Modes?

GregJ

Just put an SRO on my Shadow 2.  Those running SROs, do you run it in auto or manual mode?  I always ran my DPP in manual.  

Also, I noticed the SRO does not sit completely flat. It sits flat at the front where the pins are, and where the screws are, but I see light between the pins and screws and from the screws back. I torqued the screws down to 15 in lbs, so they are not too tight.  Just seems odd.  

Edited by GregJ

28 minutes ago, lacivilian said:

I’d recommend only running it in manual mode.

Sounds good.  Do you leave it on all the time?  Or power on beginning of match and off at end?

to mount on a CS RDS plate the screws are too long. The SRO ships with 6X32 x/12. It even says in the manual you may need a different length. (not CZ specific)

well on an RDS plate you do , you need 3/8'th's length Amazon sells sets of them in different lengths for $9.00.

GregJ found these as well

http://jagerwerks.com/rmr-sro-screws-t10-torx-wrench/

if you're going to mount an SRO onto a CZ RDS plate  get in front of it and get the correct screws (while you're waiting for one to become available)

Nick

2 hours ago, kmanick said:

to mount on a CS RDS plate the screws are too long. The SRO ships with 6X32 x/12. It even says in the manual you may need a different length. (not CZ specific)

well on an RDS plate you do , you need 3/8'th's length Amazon sells sets of them in different lengths for $9.00.

GregJ found these as well

http://jagerwerks.com/rmr-sro-screws-t10-torx-wrench/

if you're going to mount an SRO onto a CZ RDS plate  get in front of it and get the correct screws (while you're waiting for one to become available)

Nick

2 seconds with this. 

2RYN9_AS02.jpg

Edited by echotango

You can use a file also.  No need to order 2x $0.04 bolts for $9 when you can shave the down.  The bolts that come with an RTS2 are also too long for all the mounts.  

You should make them as long as possible and you'll prob never get the perfect length by ordering them. 

Edited by echotango

The screws will stretch, and will eventually loosen up, that has been well documented in DPP related posts here on Enos.  Suggest the screws are replaced if you pull the optic off.  Cheap insurance.