Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2.5mm Or 4mm Basepads?

rtr

Ordered some grams basepads and mag guts from Chuck today, I have 4 SVI tubes that I want to put them on. Wasn't sure if I should get the 2.5mm or 4mm basepads? Chuck says they aren't going out till tomorrow (tues) so he suggested I get 2 of each and move them around depending on the length of the mag. Is there a way to measure the mags to see beforehand? Or other solutions?

Or should I just get 2 of each?

I tried both as well on my SV tubes. The 2.5mm pads are made to fit into the gauge. If you want to use the 4mm pads then I would suggest borrowing a mag gauge to be sure you are still legal. When I put the 4mm pad on it would not fit in the gauge. By slowly and carefully fileing on the back of the feed lips, the mag would slip into the gauge. It only took a couple passes with a file, some polishing, and they were good to go.

Good luck

My mags seem to show that the STI version will take a 4mm and fit the gauge (or need just a pass or two from the file) and the SV will need the 2.5. They both hold 20 but the Grams tuned STI mags are very easy to reload.