Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex PPQ trigger on a Q5 SF?

echotango

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, jdlincoln said:

I think someone else makes one but don't remember who.

You might be thinking of this one:

If so, I've heard this is only available in Europe.  I've also heard they are designing one for the USA market to include the trigger safety.  If so, hopefully it's true and it will be available quickly.

1 minute ago, szhttm said:

You might be thinking of this one:

If so, I've heard this is only available in Europe.  I've also heard they are designing one for the USA market to include the trigger safety.  If so, hopefully it's true and it will be available quickly.

Im suspicious at this point but I don’t think the SF owner base is that big to drive this to market faster....but I’m hopeful!

I do want a trigger safety but would consider this for comp guns only (like the SF).  I imagine there’s some liability for Walther US to provide a trigger with no safety but there are other safeties on the SF.  

8 minutes ago, uhmeebuh said:

Im suspicious at this point but I don’t think the SF owner base is that big to drive this to market faster....but I’m hopeful!

I do want a trigger safety but would consider this for comp guns only (like the SF).  I imagine there’s some liability for Walther US to provide a trigger with no safety but there are other safeties on the SF.  

Would not be legal is uspsa without a safety.

That trigger without the safety is worthless in the us. 

We are currently working on bringing the new Q5 SF trigger kit to market. As some may have noticed, the trigger pull weights on the SF are typically heavier than the polymer frames.

This is an obstacle I needed to overcome since this gun in particular was designed for competition. We expect to release the new kit in early September.

5 hours ago, Randy Lee said:

We are currently working on bringing the new Q5 SF trigger kit to market. As some may have noticed, the trigger pull weights on the SF are typically heavier than the polymer frames.

This is an obstacle I needed to overcome since this gun in particular was designed for competition. We expect to release the new kit in early September.

Yes! I'm so happy to hear this. 

18 hours ago, Randy Lee said:

Great news, thanks a lot

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:21 PM, Randy Lee said:

That's awesome news!!!  I know some of us are wanting one right now, but please take your time in the design, testing, and validation to put an absolute wonderful product out that will not only work, be a great competition trigger, last a long long time, but will also drop jaws to the ground.

👍

• 3 weeks later...

Update: We are redesigning our Walther SF triggers so that they will be cross compatible with the polymer frames.  During testing of the SF, the number one complaint was that our current PPQ trigger sits too far forward to be comfortable for pretty much all the testers who shot the pistol. I think it is related to the increased girth of the frame/grip on the SF.

I know it isn't what people wanted to hear, but there is no use selling a trigger kit that a majority of shooters won't like. I will try and update this thread as the project progresses.

We will also need to drop test the pistol from 6 feet onto concrete in 27 different orientations. Anyone know where I can get a used unwanted SF for that purpose?

On 9/6/2019 at 1:22 PM, Randy Lee said:

Update: We are redesigning our Walther SF triggers so that they will be cross compatible with the polymer frames.  During testing of the SF, the number one complaint was that our current PPQ trigger sits too far forward to be comfortable for pretty much all the testers who shot the pistol. I think it is related to the increased girth of the frame/grip on the SF.

I know it isn't what people wanted to hear, but there is no use selling a trigger kit that a majority of shooters won't like. I will try and update this thread as the project progresses.

We will also need to drop test the pistol from 6 feet onto concrete in 27 different orientations. Anyone know where I can get a used unwanted SF for that purpose?

Randy - I thought on a video Walther approached you to make an aftermarket. Otherwise, You can use my but would definitely like a replacement as it will be unwanted after you test it out   :)