Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is BOLO legal for uspsa production class?

Matchman

Production is Limited-10 now, minus single-action triggers at the buzzer and magwells.

GazzPedalz or Thumb rests built into takedown levers? Legal.

Any aftermarket safety or hammer your heart desires? Legal.

Grind the bottom of the frame into a big funnel shape? Legal.

This is why it’s lost all appeal to me, and I don’t see myself coming back.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

25 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Production is Limited-10 now, minus single-action triggers at the buzzer and magwells.

GazzPedalz or Thumb rests built into takedown levers? Legal.

Any aftermarket safety or hammer 

This is why it’s lost all appeal to me, and I don’t see myself coming back.

I'm sorry to hear that. As I have been researching this pistol platform your name regularly appears telling me you have been a real asset. I'm grateful for your effort and postings.

13 minutes ago, Matchman said:

I'm sorry to hear that. As I have been researching this pistol platform your name regularly appears telling me you have been a real asset. I'm grateful for your effort and postings.

Oh I’m still shooting USPSA. I just shoot a walther in Carry Optics.

(to be clear my annoyance with the org is their use of Troy’s ‘rules interpretations’ to completely make an end-run around the way it’s suppsed to work. Where the board votes on changes, we know they’re coming and can chime in through our ADs, and a change may only happen every 2 years.)

I understand allowing aftermarket triggers and some grip tape here or there but I think its yo-yo'ed too far towards Limited. I was happy to be able to put a trigger in my SFX. It helps level the field between the guys that have a Shadow 2 or Stock 2 per say and the guy that just wants to fit in with whatever polymer gun. At the very least it allows a competitor to get a decent trigger and the advantages of without spending a lot more coin on a full tilt Production gun. Allowing thumb rests and frame grinding and such just blurred the lines too much. My SFX got the rear sight plate swapped for a DPP and I don't see that iron going back as it stands. 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:17 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Oh I’m still shooting USPSA. I just shoot a walther in Carry Optics.

(to be clear my annoyance with the org is their use of Troy’s ‘rules interpretations’ to completely make an end-run around the way it’s suppsed to work. Where the board votes on changes, we know they’re coming and can chime in through our ADs, and a change may only happen every 2 years.)

Carry optics uses the same rules you cited distaste for.

1 hour ago, CarlB86 said:

Carry optics uses the same rules you cited distaste for.

Yes. But carryoptics is a new division which was supposed to be more open from the beginning. It didn’t begin as an enjoyable place to show up with a nearly stock glock and be competitive. ;)