Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

just when you get a good steady pace going reloading 9mm a fricking unwanted, unloved, undersized and generally useless .380 worms its way into the mix like that creepy guy who invites himself over on the weekend when he overhears other folks talking at work on a friday afternoon.

best case, (when you realize that resizing operation just got waaaay too easy) everything has to stop while you remove the shell plate tab and pull the case out of station 1.

worst case, you figure it out when the unwanted little bastard makes it all the way past the powder drop then gets pulled off the shellplate on the upstroke by the case mouth expansion of the powder drop die. 

to quote heavy Jake Sullivan: "europeans!"  Ok, he was talking about .32 ACP but same thing still applies. 

I have the same problem, with .380, but also with .38 Super and .40 - all a PITA.     :( 

What's worse than 380 is 9x18 mak! I had a handful of those make their way into a reloading session and I didn't catch them until case gauging time. Little bastards!

I read this thread a while back and thought, 9mm Makarov?  I haven't seen any that in years.  Three weeks later, I loaded one and caught it during case gaging.  I guess it's karma for reading the hate rants.  🤬