Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What 9mm to start out with for USPSA - CO

philipsinewe

On 5/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, PharmDShooter said:

I like blue bullets. You can order 250 round sample packs to make sure they work before ordering a case. 

This is what I recently did. They include shipping in their price of it and with the "benos" discount code you can get 250 for about 20 bucks.

I also decided not to buy the 100ct pack from Bayou Bullets because it would have been 8 bucks to ship (I know I'm cheap). That being said I had already entered my email address into the "my cart section" of the check out and got an email from them asking me to finish my check out. I replied and said Im sorry but the shipping was expensive enough to not make sense buying 100 and I asked to be removed from their email list. "Dennis" actually emailed me back basically calling me cheap and telling me how crappy every other makers coating was.  I was so surprised to get such a strange unsolicited email I don't think I'll ever go with Bayou.

Edited by ManOnTarget

I guess i'll throw my worthless opinion in here... 

I like a heavy slow round for CO and Production. 

147gr 
subsonic 
128 ish power factor. 

I have loaded Autocomp with 3.8gr, 147gr Extreme bullet. 

Feels very sift but makes PF. 

I just jumped into CO and am using a 147 load that I would use for production more for the sake of convenience. If you're curious about what the top 15 used at the 2018 Optics Nationals:

337347130_2018CO.thumb.png.0234502eb3f3d2d3aba5ee7f213d7511.png

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:00 AM, ManOnTarget said:

This is what I recently did. They include shipping in their price of it and with the "benos" discount code you can get 250 for about 20 bucks.

I also decided not to buy the 100ct pack from Bayou Bullets because it would have been 8 bucks to ship (I know I'm cheap). That being said I had already entered my email address into the "my cart section" of the check out and got an email from them asking me to finish my check out. I replied and said Im sorry but the shipping was expensive enough to not make sense buying 100 and I asked to be removed from their email list. "Dennis" actually emailed me back basically calling me cheap and telling me how crappy every other makers coating was.  I was so surprised to get such a strange unsolicited email I don't think I'll ever go with Bayou.

Wow.

That is crazy.