Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how to do pouches with MPX

With any PCC...

I’m a fan of your reload being placed at 12 o’clock on the belt lying nearly horizontal. Bullets DOWN, not up like you’d expect for a handgun.

Reload with a long mag using a “beer can grip” like the 5.56 guys do, and keep the rifle mounted on your shoulder.

Don’t grip the mag like a pistol, and don’t take the extra time to roll the gun on it’s side like you are shooting a giant pistol. 

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

With any PCC...

I’m a fan of your reload being placed at 12 o’clock on the belt lying nearly horizontal. Bullets DOWN, not up like you’d expect for a handgun.

Reload with a long mag using a “beer can grip” like the 5.56 guys do, and keep the rifle mounted on your shoulder.

Don’t grip the mag like a pistol, and don’t take the extra time to roll the gun on it’s side like you are shooting a giant pistol. 

This. Practice your reloads because the angle of the magazine will throw you off and prevent proper seating of the mag.

9 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

With any PCC...

Tnx Memphis. Now I have to buy 2 new pouches 🙂 

I use the Bladetech mpx pouch canted a little more then horizontal in front of me at 1o'clock bullets down for fast reloads and I keep another pouch with a 20rnder at the 8o'clock position at a more traditional vertical setup for my 'just-n-case' situations