• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Reporting in:

well a month and a half has gone by in my little adventure. exciting? well prob not. If i had to do it again i wouldnt have even opened the letter to come back. but that was then and this is now. Im here and i just have to deal w/ it. I came back in w/o a clue what was going to happen to me. The army's original plan was to give me a refresher course in the job i did in prior service. My original orders stated that i would only be inprocessed and retrained in the 25 days. That all quickly changed.

Im now, back, in Ft Sill OK :( starting out a new MOS. My 8week course for 13R (Firefinder Radar Operator) is about half over. The class is ok, i guess. The thing that really sucks is that im in a training environment.....yes....back w/ the Drill Sergents. Standard IET PT in the morning :angry: . Once i got back i realized how out of shape that i really am. Im having a hard time passing the push up event. but im making progres. 4 more weeks of class, i hope i can pass the friggin test by then.

Im expecting to be stationed at Ft Hood TX upon completion of my training. Prob be deployed to Iraq by Xmas or mid jan.

Ill try to keep everyone updated.

All I can say is WOW!!!

I'm impressed. I'm a bit older than you. Not much. But I couldn't imagine having a drill instructor in my face. It's been 21 years since I was in boot camp. I am not the same person.

You have my respect.

Thanks for all your efforts to secure my liberties and my daughters futures...

All I can say is WOW!!!

I'm impressed.  I'm a bit older than you.  Not much.  But I couldn't imagine having a drill instructor in my face.  It's been 21 years since I was in boot camp.  I am not the same person. 

You have my respect.

Thanks for all your efforts to secure my liberties and my daughters futures...

its not really the yelling that gets me worked up. its the fact that i have to 'drop' and do pushups for stupic stuff. I got dropped on fri for saying

Hooah to a DS, she only likes yes or no for an answer. :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

New update:

I finished my New MOS training today, i grad next tues. Then i will be an official 13R Firefinder Radar Operator.

I also recieved my orders today. I will be shipping directly to Ft Bliss, TX on the 20th of this month. Ft Bliss is a MOB site that will take me directly to Iraq. Ill prob be in Iraq around the beginning or middle of Dec.

I wish/hope they allow me to take some leave b4 i leave the country, but im pretty sure thats not going to happen.

Ill keep u all in mind and ill let you know my address once in country. Ill try to keep everyone updated on my goings on.

Started inprocessing at CRC Ft Bliss today. From the looks of it ill be shipping out to Iraq this saturday. Thanks for all of your comments. Ill miss the BE familiy while im deployed. Ill take lots of pics and post them when i get back.

well after spending about 24 hours on a plane Ive made it to kuwait. Ive been to two places and im rolling out to bagdahd this afternoon. i just want to get the show on the road. I think we are going to be attached to 101st airborne?? ill know more later this week.