Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 1 vs Shadow 2 for Carry optics

Rye

On 4/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, MatroskinT said:

Hi Rob, quick off topic question. I’m on the fence with similar question and I do like SP01 frame more then S2 . Who sells it for $880? All I can find is CZ custom shop for $1050.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I bought a SP01 Shadow last year, it was $880. Maybe I'm remembering a dealer cost I paid.... The one you're referencing is the Shadowline SP01 Shadow. I'm thinking of the base one whose sku is 91154. They seem to be out of stock everywhere I looked. Those base sp01 shadow guns were sold all the time for less than 900, when they were in stock.

https://oakhillguns.com/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-9mm-custom.html

With the Shadow 2 being the dominant Prod gun and CZC making their own frames that look very similar to the SP01 style frame, I'd understand why they'd no longer import the 91154. That gun was the base gun for a lllooootttt of builds before the Shadow 2 came out.

Now that 91154 is no longer instock that changes things.

OP I would highly recommend going with a shadow 2 if the frame would work for you.

Now you have alot of options for optic and slide lightening not just CZC.

I really like the cuts that fire-4-effect is doing.

5 minutes ago, eerw said:

we have 91154 SP01 Shadow

actually have SP01 Shadows in these configurations

Your website does not show 91154.

When I enter 91154 in the search bar it comes up with a mag release.

I have both and love them both! I was going to setup a S2 for CO but decided to go with the Accu-shadow. I put on a CZC dovetail mount and that was it. The gun is 43.55 oz with a stock mag. I couldn't see milling up a S2 when I already had a great gun that would do the job. Also, no need to cut the slide on the Accu-Shadow, and if I want to go back to stock, just push out the mounting plate and push in the sights. Just my .02  JD20190127_102206.thumb.jpg.ee5f2249b3fe2a093381e81a4f59e5c5.jpg

1 hour ago, JDIllon said:

I have both and love them both! I was going to setup a S2 for CO but decided to go with the Accu-shadow. I put on a CZC dovetail mount and that was it. The gun is 43.55 oz with a stock mag. I couldn't see milling up a S2 when I already had a great gun that would do the job. Also, no need to cut the slide on the Accu-Shadow, and if I want to go back to stock, just push out the mounting plate and push in the sights. Just my .02  JD20190127_102206.thumb.jpg.ee5f2249b3fe2a093381e81a4f59e5c5.jpg

How do you like the dovetail mount? Shoot CO with it? Debating on the same.

After I got the Accu-Shadow, I just couldn't bring myself to having the slide cut. And for me at my age the little difference in overall accuracy was not worth it. I'm very happy with this setup. JD