Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rachetting belts

Fuzz

Just curious and looking into the systems and what is out there.

I know the Safariland system is out there but that would mean replacing 3 whole rigs and attachments. That would be salty.

Is there a system for the Velcro belt systems like Double Alpha?

How well do they work?

Pro's

Con's

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Frankly said:

You buy the ratchet parts and drill/punch two holes in your old belt to mount the hardware.

https://www.ratchetingbuckles.com/

Carbon Arms also sells bolts ready to go.

I have a 1" ratcheting buckle on my 3 gun belt, I love that I can get it tight. When I ordered it I ordered a few extra. Think I'll do my USPSA belt next.

i'd sure appreciate some photos if possible to show how to best attach the ski boot type ratchet system to a velcro type double belt....this might be just what i need to get.

do you cut off part of the belt so you can add the ladder part, precluding attaching a  mag pouch in the front for example? and would it be able to draw the velcro across?

thanks

Edited by wanttolearn

11 hours ago, wanttolearn said:

i'd sure appreciate some photos if possible to show how to best attach the ski boot type ratchet system to a velcro type double belt....this might be just what i need to get.

do you cut off part of the belt so you can add the ladder part, precluding attaching a  mag pouch in the front for example? and would it be able to draw the velcro across?

thanks

Cut belt shorter. No need for overlap.

Drill holes in belt.

Attach ratchet to holes.

Ratchet that f*#ker down.

Spin belt around so it ratchets in the back and you dont lose usable belt space.