Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rm3gn Equipment List

After last years USPSA 3-Gun Nationals, KellyN had the good idea to start an equipment setup list for the match. In continuing with that excellent idea, what division did you shoot and what was your setup?

Tactical Optics

Rifle- .223 AR-15, Bushmaster Lower, JP 18" ultra-light barrel, JP Free float tube, TTI Eliminator compensator, Standard bolt carrier, Hard chromed bolt, A1 stock, with a (Benny Hill recommended) Simmons 1.5-5 Pro-Diamond scope, along with some small personal goodies.

Shotgun- 21" Benelli M1 Super 90 (pistol grip), vent rib, nothing fancy.

Pistol- SV 38 Limited Gun, Long dust cover, bull barrel, lightened slide.

Erik

Tactical Irons

Rifle-20" DPMS Fluted stainless barrel, JP handguard and trigger, QC brake, XS same plane rear aperture, DPMS NM front sight

Shotgun-Benelli M1 Super 90, 21" vent rib with XS sights

Pistol-STI short heavy dust cover, .40 S&W Bull barrel, lightened slide, nickel plated by Jimmy Mitchell, XS bigdot sights

Monte

edited because I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached

Tactical Scope

Rifle - MSTN 16" AR-.223. Fluted Lilja light contour. HC Lightened carrier, QC Brake, GasBuster, TR21R Accupoint, LMT/Crane stock.

Shotgun - Benelli M1-Field, 21", XS low profile sights, standard stock, DMW tube

Pistol - SVI .40 Limited, Ultramatch bbl, long dustcover, Scott grip, wide slot Bo-Mar

Paul

Open

Rifle- .223 AR-15, TTI lower, Bushmaster M4 16" barrel, DD rail, TTI Eliminator compensator, standard bolt & carrier, 6-position M4 stock, bi-pod, single-point sling, with Leupold 1.5-5 scope.

Shotgun- Benelli M1 Super 90, standard stock, iron sights, extend magazine tube, speed loader brackets

Pistol- STI Major 9mm open gun, STI trubore barrel & comp, C-more sight

Tactical Iron:

5 in. .38 Super Limited Gun on a short dust cover STI frame with a .100 Dawson fiber optic front sight, Bo Mar rear, long STI trigger out of a Safariland 560 paddle holster shooting handloaded Zero 147 gr JHPs with W231 in a Starline case. Safariland mag holders.

M1 Benelli with a 21 in barrel with Briley extended chokes as done by Triangle Shooting Sports with lightened bolt, extended tube, folding 10/22 rear sight, green fiber optic front sight, etc. I shot Sellor and Bellot 7 1/2s and 4s and Fed. Tactical Slugs. Shotshell holders by 3 gun gear. I shot an improved cylinder choke the entire match (but wished for a cylinder for some stages).

DSA AR highly JPized. 20 inch 1 in 9 SS barrel, JP handguard, JP trigger installed by JP himself (!!!!), the infamous "Delia" M16A1 stock with an Accuracy Speaks adj. buttplate, Sierra pistol grip, JP adj. gas block, Bennie Cooley Comp, extended and sooper skinney front sight (.030) by Accuracy Speaks, same plane custom rear rear by Accuracy Speaks. Beta Mag and English steel M16 mags with no-tilt followers. Ammo was handloaded 69 gr Nosler HPBT match bullets in W-W cases with W-W primers launched by RE15 at about 2900 fps.

Not one malfunction the entire match.

Clark GATOR 20" upper with a DPMS lower JP trigger installed by JP Miculek comp. Simmons 1.5 X 5.

STI .40 Long dustcover Green fiber front. 180 Gr. Billy Bullets Tightgroup powder. Bladetech DOH

Winchester SX2 Fiber optic front. CCW & Choate Strippers. 3 gun gear vest.

No malfunctions and only 10 sec in penalties for entire match.

Tac Scope

Pistol STI edge in 40 S&W 166 power factor

Shotgun Win. SX-2 practical. Box stock

Rifle AR-15 in .223 Sp-1 lower with JP trigger and hammer mil-spec carrier group mil-spec chrome lined light contour 20" barrel 1 in 7 twist with Accuracy speaks free float tube Redi-mag and Horus Vision Talon scope. Used 77 gr. Sierra HPBT on longer shots.

Heavy Metal... ok... He-Man,

18" DPMS LR-308 righ rise flat-top.

DPMS clamp on shorty rear sight. Front sight is a Lyman globe, screwed and glued to an old gas block fitted with extra set screws for a lasting set up.

Slapped the ONLY 5/8's - 24 thread comp Brownell had on the muzzle (some of you noticed my tactical star washer under it). JP trigger piece only which trips a stock hammer with an extra power spring to help light Mil-Surp ammo.

Winchester 1300 "practical defender" with a one round mag extension.

G21 otherwise stock Glock with a Seattle Slug and plain Heine's.

slowly drawn from a Blade Tech DOH (my fault not the holsters)

My first time at the RM3gun and Whittington. What a GREAT match and fantastic staff!!!

An old AR15-A2 with an extended sight at the end of the barrel ( Yankee Hill Machine flip up as found in Bushmaster's catalog ) a fluted Bushmaster 1-9 barrel with chrome lining, Briley free float tube, ching sling, J.P. trigger. Benny Hill comp. w/ beta and sterling mags. Wilderness holders.

STI 5" gun built by Benny Hill w/ blade tec holster and mag holders

Benelli M1 super 90 Field with home made extention tube, many mods, and a lt mod choke. w/ choate 6 round shell holders.

Decote Hi-Wide shooting glasses!! The very best IMHO!

Wilderness nylon belt, that bearly fits anymore :lol: KURTM

I shot a 20” used, very old Colt A2, Irons with a JP globe, JP trigger, M93 stock, Clark carbon fiber free float tube, and a home made comp. I shot Federal Match 69’s out of the box.

I shot a MI Super 90, dun up by Pat Kelly out of Kansas with the vented rib and flip up stuff, shooting 71/2 and an occasional spreader and the free law enforcement low recoil slugs.

Pistol was a Glock 35 I bought cheap from Bronco, shooting 165 white box full load wrist busters.

What kept it all together were the cans Spam and an occasional Jack Daniels after the shooting.

KellyB

Bushmaster 20", free float, miculek brake, jp trigger, acog, 30rd brownells mags, federal 62 gr american eagle ammo

Winchester SX2, remington 7 1/2, federal slugs

STI edge 40, 180gr 960 fps reloads

Bianchi belt, all other gear from 3gungear

He-Man

M1A Scout Rifle. NM sights. Vortex flashhider. Federal American Eagle 150 grain rounds. And some Mil Surplus 147 grainers of unknown manufacturer.

870 pump with rifle sights and fixed IC bore. 7 shot tube. I admit, I did use Remington reduced recoil slugs. I used quite a few of them though as I couldn't seem to hit those damn plates on stage 8.

Glock 37. .45 GAP. 185 grain Federal American Eagle at about a 196 power factor.

Tactical Scope.

Rifle: JP-15 20" mid-weight upper, Cav Arms lower with JP trigger, TA-11 on a LaRue mount. I had a JP SRTS, but didn't use it. Changes: I'm thinking about switching to an 18" lightweight barrel for the improved handling. Also, I need to finish the custom anti-walk hammer pin for the Cav Arms lower - my present hammer pin is glued in with epoxy. Ugh.

Shotgun: Franchi 612VS, 21" barrel w/ Polychoke, custom +3 mag extension (I can get nine rounds in the gun with an empty chamber, which saved my butt in stage 1,) short stock. No sights. Changes: The whole no sights thing cost me big - think hitting two feet low at 25 yards, shot or slugs. I'm looking at that spiffy low-profile XS express sight that gets milled into the vent rib.

Pistol: Limited Glock 35, Vanek, Bar-Sto, Dawson FO sights, etc, etc, ad nauseum. Changes: None.

Ammo - handloaded .40 180grn MG over 4.5 of Titegroup, Georgia Arms 68grn OTM .223, Winchester #7-1/2 sporting clays loads, Wolf 1oz. slugs. Changes: None.

Gear - Wilderness belt, Blade-Tech DOH at 3:00, 4 6-round CCW shotshell carriers from 11:00 to 1:00, two Comp-Tac pistol mag carriers at 9:00, two Blade-Tech rifle mag carriers behind them. I dislike changing my belt setup during the match, so I usually just keep everything on all the time and suffer through the prone stages. Changes: I may move the rifle mags down to a thigh rig, to free up some more space on the belt. Also, thinking about going back to a two-piece belt.

Most useful item - my ancient Camelback MULE.

- Chris

Heavy Metal/He-Man, Super Senior ... the eyes still work ... :-)

RIFLE: 16" Bushmaster BAR-10-308 flat top, skeleton stock, Izzy Compensator, Ergo pistol grip totally stock except for Blue and red, open class rubber bands for charging handle. AMMO: 144 grain Australian surplus.

RIFLE SIGHTS: DPMS clamp on shorty rear w/NM guts. Front sight is a Lyman globe, on Schuster Front sight base mounted as far forward on the barrel as possible.

SHOTGUN: Winchester 1300 "practical defender" pump with a one round mag extension. (Hello Patrick!)

PISTOL: SS 1911 .45 assembled with Caspian frame and slide, Novak competition fixed sights. Steve Moore, Littleton CO gunsmith. AMMO:200 gr lead SWC, Nitro 100 and N310 powders.

HOLSTER and STUFF: Very Old Milt Sparks leather holsteron Safariland belt. 2 Choate 6 rnd shot shell holders on web shotshell belt and 2 home-made drop-leg rig. Also home-made drop-leg 2 mag rig for rifle.

I am very lucky to be able to shoot with the guys & gals like Blane & Kim West, Hung Dang, JJ Johnson, Denise Pearman, Michael Field, Steve Hewlett and others every month at local 3 gun matches in Colorado. These are the folks who bust their butts for our shooting enjoyment. Brovo and kudos to all of them John Paul and those others who helped that I have not mentioned.

Darrell Humphrey