Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunbuster Glasses Question

nhglyn

I have Sunbuster glasses with the 5 different colored lenses. I have been only using the dark brown ones outdoors but want to broaden my horizons a bit.

On sunny/hazy days which color lens will allow me to see the red dot on my Cmore "more clearly/brighter"? I sometimes have trouble picking it up and want to know if a different color lens will allow me to find it quicker and have it be brighter in the lens.

Many thanks for any help.

I use Oakleys so i dont know for sure what lenses you have. But in hazy, overcast days i use a browish orange tinted lense. I think it draws out the targets from the background and clarifies he dot. On bright sunny days i use the mirrored lense which is a purple/green color.

Lens color selection might be a subjective thing.  I prefer the violet or purple if you will.  I know other shooters who prefer red or red/orange.

I bought my Sunbuster glasses at a cloudy, rainy match last year just for the lighter lenses. I used the pink and/or purple. They worked fantastic in thoses conditions. When it was almost dark and we were still shooting, I switched to the clear lenses. I wear the dark ones as sun glasses and in bright shooting conditions.

Call Mark at 601-433-8050. He distributes them. He had sent me this list. (my words)

Brown - Bright

Yellow - Cloudy

Purple - Hazy

Pink - Low light

Clear - Almost dark

I just flip through the Sun Buster choices and use the pick of the litter for the day. Tends to be their yellow lens (even on sunny days) Somtimes the redish tint on really "Northwest" bright days. (I do not shoot a red dot though but either a green or red fiber optic.)