Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended slide release

shootist102

I had one and it was very touchy to get right. Do you have large hands or small hands? Reason I ask is because I have large hands and still needed help reaching the release on one of my idpa 2011 and then once installed had too many problems riding it and not allowing slide to lock back etc. Took it off and dry fired more and learned to adapt. 

My question would be, why? Do you have it set up to go to slide lock? Why would you ever run it dry? If you make the mistake of running it dry, just practice racking the slide and going right back to shooting vs. trying to hit slide lock/release...

I know this isn't answering your question, but I so think it's reasonable to consider why there aren't lots of people with info on your ask.

Edited by wgj3

I had one and it was very touchy to get right. Do you have large hands or small hands? Reason I ask is because I have large hands and still needed help reaching the release on one of my idpa 2011 and then once installed had too many problems riding it and not allowing slide to lock back etc. Took it off and dry fired more and learned to adapt. 
I bought a Wilson extended for my 1911 which was huge and then filed it to a size that works for me. So that's an option if you don't mind a little bit of work

• 3 weeks later...