Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice On Hammer, Sear, Disconnector Combo

sasquatch981

What brand of :

Hammer

Sear

Disconnector

would work well out of the respective boxes with "no" stoning, polishing, (monkeying with :blink: ) for a 2-2.5 lb trigger pull. I heard the Koenig hammers, and STI S7 Sears work well out of the box. Any others? Thanks.

What brand of :

Hammer

Sear

Disconnector

would work well out of the respective boxes with "no" stoning, polishing, (monkeying with :blink: ) for a 2-2.5 lb trigger pull.  I heard the Koenig hammers, and STI S7 Sears work well out of the box.  Any others?  Thanks.

Get the Extreme Engineering set from Shooters connection and an ISMI 17lb hammer spring and you are good to go. No one makes better quality fire control parts than EE (Same as C&S)

I've tried a variety of ignition parts, and have found none of them completely satisfactory on drop-in. All required some work.

My favorite combination is the Koenig hammer and EGW sear in my Springfield single stack, but it took a bit of work with my stone and jig to get rid of that little bit of persistent creep.

Just for the hell of it I tried the Wilson budget MIM set in my Para, and the resulting trigger pull turned out very, very nice. It's held fine for a year, we'll see how it does long-term.

Mike

Koenig hammer, EGW sear, EGW disco in my "new" STI limited gun.

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I also have the top o' the line C&S stuff in my Para limited gun, nothing shabby about that stuff either, but can't get that quite as light as the Koenig/EGW. I haven't tried a 15# MS in the Para, but it is working fine in the STI.

Rich

I have the EE Hammer set in my P16-40 with 17# ismi mainspring.

Breaks at 1.75# w/ an RCBS trigger pull gauge, but doesn't feel that light at all! No AD's since I've used it.

If that's the spring gauge, don't bet the ranch on it being correct. Mine wasn't, and triggers that I thought were 1.75# were actually about 2.5#. I got a Lyman digital, sold the RCBS spring gauge, and am living happily ever after.

Rich