Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lg/Sm Frame Pros and Cons

Fierce_Morgan

Its fairly simple...

If you have never owned one and you have small to medium size hands then choose Small Frame. 

If you own Tanfo. It is better to stick with Large Frame so all mags can be shared.

More after-market products available for large frame here in the US than small frame.

Large frames take mecgar mags. Small frames take CZ mags. Good to keep in mind when considering multiple Tanfos of the same caliber if you intend to share mags between them. 

Some internal parts are interchangeable and some are not between LF and SF.  SF guns were made for .40/9mm/and below and LF were made for 9mm/40/45/10mm. 

I’m sure others will chime in with more details, but that’s a basic overview. 

I have 3 large frames in .40 and share mags between them. So any new Tanfo will be a LF one for me. 

For Stock II that’s not exactly true, and I have both. 1-4mm front to back difference depending on where and how I measure. There is definitively a different curve in area between checkering and beaver tail.

1 hour ago, arkadi said:

For Stock II that’s not exactly true, and I have both. 1-4mm front to back difference depending on where and how I measure. There is definitively a different curve in area between checkering and beaver tail.

3 minutes ago, Yagi said:

External dimensions are not the same.. 

If someone hands you one of the guns and your eyes are closed can you tell which gun it is? 

Feeling the mag opening would be cheating :) 

6 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

If someone hands you one of the guns and your eyes are closed can you tell which gun it is? 

Feeling the mag opening would be cheating :) 

Yes... You can tell.

I owned Small and Large Frame Tanfo