Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes the tabs to smooth out Dillon shell plate?

B_RAD

So I have these on my 650. They really help with powder spillage. I just started running into an issue though with them. All three on my press are on the left side of the shell plate. That ends up putting pressure on the left side of the shell plate and ever so slightly pushes it to the right. Not a huge deal except every once in a while, my primers will flip sideways because the plunger for the primer is slightly out of line. If I remove these spill stops, I don't have issues with primers flipping.

22 minutes ago, NickG013 said:

So I have these on my 650. They really help with powder spillage. I just started running into an issue though with them. All three on my press are on the left side of the shell plate. That ends up putting pressure on the left side of the shell plate and ever so slightly pushes it to the right. Not a huge deal except every once in a while, my primers will flip sideways because the plunger for the primer is slightly out of line. If I remove these spill stops, I don't have issues with primers flipping.

You might be able to just get away with using one at the powder station. Once you get a case in that station it should smooth out the index. 

42 minutes ago, NickG013 said:

I would think that you would really only need one if you are running a bullet feeder... possibly two if setting the bullet by hand.  3 would serve no purpose.

I have the arrendondo solution, I have not had any issues with the primers getting flipped.

24 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

You might be able to just get away with using one at the powder station. Once you get a case in that station it should smooth out the index. 

4 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

I would think that you would really only need one if you are running a bullet feeder... possibly two if setting the bullet by hand.  3 would serve no purpose.

I have the arrendondo solution, I have not had any issues with the primers getting flipped.

I can't remember if I've tried only one or not. I may have to try that when I get home to see if it does the trick.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:11 PM, tha1000 said:

Thomas you running the 9mm one on the 650 with 40 or just 9mm. I seen he just had the 9mm spill stop on his website. 

25 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Thomas you running the 9mm one on the 650 with 40 or just 9mm. I seen he just had the 9mm spill stop on his website. 

I havent tried it with 40 since I’m not able to shoot a pistol yet. But allegedly the 9mm works for both.