Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How did I ever survive before my dillon 650?

Just though I would make fun of myself.   For over 10 years I have be "slumming'" on several Dillon 550 setup.  I recently got a 650 will case feed and after figuring out some minor issues, it is GREAT.   Got the DDA bullet collar and actually going to get bullet feeder because I don't want to manually place bullets in collar.    Darn it I am getting lazy or maybe I want to load more ammo in shorter time.....

No one better try to convince me to upgrade to a 1050 anytime soon, I need gun money for components now!!!!!!!

So here is current setup:

- Dillon 650 for 9mm open major ammo

- Dillon 550 (press 1) for 9mm regular

- Dillon 550 (press 2) for 40 major

- Dillon 550 (press 3) for 45 ACP

Edited by mag17

I did that for a while, 650 for for my main calibers and an old 450 for everything else, after a while I slowly converted all my calibers over to the 650 because loading on the 450 just was too slow

If I were you, I’d get another tool head for minor 9 and mark it so you don’t get them mixed up

my 9mm tool head has a plain silver tool head, my major 9 has a black tool head and major9 labeled everywhere 

The crimped 9mm brass has proven to be a formidable hurdle but I have a bunch of sized  9mm brass on the side of machine for replacement... The ejection of the live primers is the one thing that drives me crazy!!!!!! 

Edited by mag17

Yeah, I went from a 550 to a 650 with a case feeder and MBF.  I sorta wish I'd gone 1050.  Don't get me wrong, I love the 650 and I can crank out about 800-1200 rounds an hour, but it would be super nice to not have to worry about crimped primer pockets.  I don't have any of the other primer issues people have complained about and I've probably loaded 20K on this press.  And I do like the lifetime warranty, that was another big factor for me.