Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 barrel reaming

MJinPA

What’s the go to place to have my barrel reamed? I thought it was patriot defense but their website says. “We no longer offer this service for CZ or other melonite treated barrels”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are Shadow 2 barrels melonite?  I thought that was P-09/07/10.

I’m not sure. Don’t see any other than cold hammer forged on their website. I’ll call patriot defense tomorrow.

No go from patriot defense. Said the melonite barrel kills their reamers. I was having trouble with my loads (147 pc 1.13 oal) so tried some factory fmj. Had one round in 50 lock it up pretty good. I’m sure I could just load shorter but I want to be able to run anything. Thoughts on where to send?

4 hours ago, MJinPA said:

No go from patriot defense. Said the melonite barrel kills their reamers. I was having trouble with my loads (147 pc 1.13 oal) so tried some factory fmj. Had one round in 50 lock it up pretty good. I’m sure I could just load shorter but I want to be able to run anything. Thoughts on where to send?

the barrels will destroy reamers.

1.13” is pretty long. Every CZ I’ve owned (including the S2) does well with 1.10” - 1.11”

Have you tried a short OAL or shooting FP?

I haven’t and don’t plan on it. 1.13 really isn’t that long and less than some factory ammo. I actually tried a box of factory fmj and had 4 of 50 lock it up. The more I researched it seems that this is a known thing with CZs. Not sure why it is but I’d rather get it reamed for maximum reliability.

1.090-1.1245 works well

just about every 115, 124 ammo

its the weird cast, coated, etc 147 and heavier that have issues.

I run Federal Syntech 150 with no modification to any barrel.

so not the barrel or gun, its the ammo

It's the ammo, more importantly the bullet profile. 

I had some Gallant 124gr RN loaded to 1.150 that plunked and spun great. I now have Blue Bullet 124gr RN that needs to be 1.090 to spin.

Both shoot fine. And I've yet to come across a factory load that won't chamber.