mbx mid weight barrel and comp

Iron city rifle works bolt- have in parts bin

Lancer cf 12.5 handguard- looks cool 

ar gold 308 trigger- same trigger in current pcc

Bcm buffer tube- have in parts pin

blitzkrieg 5015 buffer- have in parts pin

magpul ctr-have in parts bin

moe+ grip-have in parts bin     

This will be a backup to my mbx going for reliability. I doubt I will ever need to use as I have shot over 6k rounds in my current pcc without a single malfunction.  I don’t want to risk traveling to major and having a catastrophic failure send me home early or stop me from going all together. Thanks for all response and will consider all post but trying to stay on this list for reasons listed above. 

Edited by Bwillis
2 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

I think his point was that if your end-goal was reliability, one maker for all the parts is likely the way to go.

That said, if you really love your MBX and want a backup for it.... buy an identical MBX IMO. 

I’ll edit my original post to update the reasons I’m inquiring if this specific list sounds like a good build or not. 

That’s correct parts that are made to work together equal reliability, and a company that stand behind there parts is what you get with JP others not so much. There are many different gun makers , but none better then JP they are the( benchmark) there parts cost more but I would rather pay a little more for the dependability. When I step up to shoot I only think of what I am shooting not will it run, or did having a  barrel. That’s not very accurate cause the miss . Good luck with your build.

I recently bought a barrel from another manufacturer, the groups are not good the company says nothing wrong the dealer says manufacturer issues. I lose 

#1 never buy from a company that won’t list there phone number

#2 never buy from company that doesn’t stand behind there parts or guns.  (  JP says if your not happy I am not happy )

Coda 100 % guaranteed 

Smoke composites money back guarantee. Pay a little more and get dependable components and enjoy your match not why won’t my gun run . That’s my motto 

51 minutes ago, TNREDNECK said:

Ar gold  trigger didn’t last long for my son, recommend hiperfire or JP ,  Barrel  CK arms or JP . I believe MBX no longer offers the midweight and the lightweight is unproven , they don’t list it as a competion Barrel on there site like the midweight, which is a proven Barrel . There are some guys in our club running the lead star bolt with success. Good luck 

My current ar gold has been reliable for over 3k rounds. I asked a well known pcc shooter he said as long as the pull weight stays above 2.5lbs they are reliable. 

The mbx mid barrel should be in stock soon if I understood Adrian correctly. Please don’t quote me I might be wrong. 

Coda is great but they don’t offer a 12.5. The  13.5 will hang over the first port of the mbx comp.  

I agree jp makes solid products, I don’t know about their customer service but if it’s like their products I’m sure it’s great.

Ive  seen the lead star pcc but didn’t know they sold individual parts. 

4 hours ago, Bwillis said:

My current ar gold has been reliable for over 3k rounds. I asked a well known pcc shooter he said as long as the pull weight stays above 2.5lbs they are reliable. 

The mbx mid barrel should be in stock soon if I understood Adrian correctly. Please don’t quote me I might be wrong. 

Coda is great but they don’t offer a 12.5. The  13.5 will hang over the first port of the mbx comp.  

I agree jp makes solid products, I don’t know about their customer service but if it’s like their products I’m sure it’s great.

Ive  seen the lead star pcc but didn’t know they sold individual parts. 

What length barrel are you thinking of? My coda 13.5” is perfect with a 14.5” barrel 

B17325F2-4A57-4667-9FD3-EE9F1056F141.jpeg

Edited by HoMiE

Your parts list looks pretty good to me. I'm not familiar with your bolt but your set up isn't too far off of what I am running. I've run over 20,000 rounds through my build. Main issues I have had is breaking triggers and have broken 2 blitzkrieg buffers. (Both replaced under warranty) ( Trigger wise have tried a ton of different ones and the KE arms slt trigger has run 100% for 6 or 7 thousand rounds. Most of the others broke around 1k or so)

20 minutes ago, Mac-pcc said:

Your parts list looks pretty good to me. I'm not familiar with your bolt but your set up isn't too far off of what I am running. I've run over 20,000 rounds through my build. Main issues I have had is breaking triggers and have broken 2 blitzkrieg buffers. (Both replaced under warranty) ( Trigger wise have tried a ton of different ones and the KE arms slt trigger has run 100% for 6 or 7 thousand rounds. Most of the others broke around 1k or so)

What broke on your triggers and what triggers broke.

4 hours ago, Mac-pcc said:

I switched things up after some advice from Homie. I went the answer ada comp, shooting innovations barrel and bolt, coda 13.5 handguard. I’m also interested in your trigger issues. I used a pof curved for 3kish rounds without issue, the ar gold has 3kish without issue. 

iron city rifle works out of Alabama it’s a pvd coated bolt. Also Jason provides top notch service. 

Edited by Bwillis
1 hour ago, BartCarter said:

I have well over 10K rounds through a POF curved.  Great feel and I like the 4.5 lb pull.  Some like a lighter trigger.

It was a very reliable trigger, but I was getting a lot of trigger freeze(my fault). Since switching to the 308 ar gold I haven’t had a single case of trigger freeze. Also my open target splits went from .17 to .12 instantly when using the ar gold. I talked to a few members on this sitein dm. They had post about  using  the ar gold all stated reliable. One pcc guru said reliable until below 2.5 lbs pull. Also it has to be the 308 version it’s taller hammer resets more reliable than .556 version.

5 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

What broke on your triggers and what triggers broke.

Disconnector broke on milspec and 2 timney 3lbs, timney cavin elite (went 3 round burst), hyperfire 24 3g (quit resetting) and a  308 AR gold (quit resetting also).