Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stripped slide for Shadow 2

MJinPA

Is there any way to buy one? Haven't been able to find them anywhere online. I'd like to get one milled for CO and keep the stock slide for production. If not, is there another solution that does not involve buying a 2nd gun?

Send [mention=627]eerw[/mention] a PM, he occasionally has a slide or he can get one. They’re doing mine upper for CO right now.

Thanks. And just so I’m clear, once you mill the slide you’ll never be able to take it back to a production gun with that slide, right? Even if you put a plate and sight back on, the cuts required to make weight kill it. At least that’s my understanding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my understanding, only if the window cuts are made to the slideit won’t be Eligible for production division. There are a few people who make weight without the window cut depending on the starting weight of the pistol, mods(plastic guide rod, light grips) and which optic. It would still be eligible for limited division with the cut and the plate though.

Check out this thread 

From my understanding, only if the window cuts are made to the slide, it won’t be Eligible for production division. There are a few people who make weight without the window cut depending on the starting weight of the pistol, mods(plastic guide rod, light grips) and which optic. It would still be eligible for limited division with the cut and the plate though.

Check out this thread 

Good thread. You really have to work on making weight when starting with a heavy gun. I’m shooting limited with a 2011 all next season so I guess I have plenty of time to figure out the best option

I thought CZC was going an RDS slide cut now, that uses diff plates for the RDS, including a plate for rear sight.  Kind of like Glock MOS. 

Yes. I saw this and thought it was the perfect solution but I don’t think it would be production legal. I messaged them but have not heard back. https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/red-dot-mounting/rds-plate-fixed-shadow2-sight.html